Diet Rules Every Dieter Should Be Known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Rules Every Dieter Should Be Known

Lose weight faster with these simple rules, like how much protein you need and adding green tea to your diet.
    I have written about fitness and weight loss for 23 years and counting, and in that time I have talked to dozens of men and women who lost considerable amounts of weight, and kept it off. Maybe hundreds. A few have become my good friends.
    Related : [URL="http://fitnessgyms4u.com/lose-weight-fa-torching-tips/"]http://fitnessgyms4u.com/lose-weight-fa-torching-tips/[/URL]
    Offhand, though, I can not think of any 2 who lost those pounds the exact same way. Most started out by following whatever diet was popular at the moment. Low-fat or low-carb, vegan or paleo—they all worked for someone. Why they worked is no mystery.

But before you can make the math of any given diet work for you, you need to understand a few basic truths about weight and weight loss

1. It is not a morality play

Throughout history weight control has been viewed as a battle between the forces of good and evil. But it is not. It is just physiology. If you are gaining weight, it is because you’re consuming more energy than you burn off. It does not make you look like a bad person. It just means you have to make adjustments if you want to shift your weight into reverse.

2. It is not up to anybody else to decide how much you should weigh

Weight standards are arbitrary. A husky guy with a lots of muscle and the rigorous workout schedule is almost certainly healthier than a sedentary skinny person with high body fat. But who is more likely to be told by his doctor that he needs to lose weight?

Every successful loser I know eventually finds the comfortable weight, one that allows him to eat enough food to support his workouts and he get through the day without feeling desperately hungry. Sometimes they land at a weight that falls within the “healthy” range, according to the conventional standards. But occasionally they don’t, and they’re okay with that.
    3. It is also not up to you

The more researchers study the genetics of obesity, the more evidence they find that we are all born with a range of possible shapes and sizes that’s probably more narrow than we expect. Recent studies conclude that your size is 65 to 70 percent heritable.

That still leaves quite a bit within your control, especially when it comes to your body-fat percentage. But the essential framework is embedded in your DNA, and it would take a superhuman effort to approach medium size with XXL genes. Some still manage to pull it off, which is great. Maybe you will be one of them. But it is the best to begin the process by acknowledging you do not have superpowers.

4. You can not just jump into the deep end

Most of my loser friends did it with some combination of exercise and calorie restriction. And indeed, “eat less – move more” is the most common weight-loss advice, and the most thoroughly despised.

That is because it is so hard to do both at the same time. An ambitious workout program drains energy, literally and figuratively. The ambitious diet gives you less energy to work with. They both impose unfamiliar levels of stress on your mind and your body.

It makes much more sense to focus on succeeding at one half of the equation, rather than failing at both. But which half?

5. Exercise is overrated for weight loss. But it is also underrated.

It was not too long ago that the fitness industry reached an uncomfortable ending : Exercise, by itself, is unlikely to help many people lose weight. Almost overnight, it seemed to me, fitness trainers and other experts shifted from rebuke their frustrated clients about not training hard enough to scolding them about not dieting hard enough.

They have a point. It is much simpler to cut a few hundred calories from your meals than to burn off the few hundred on the road or in the gym. And if you manage to burn that much energy in a workout, it is way too easy to put all that and more into your body at your next meal.

Today I think we have gone too far in the other direction. If you are not currently working out or managing your diet, you might have the most success by starting with exercise. You will not only increase your fitness level, making your workouts more productive, you will also build willpower, which helps you make the hard choices with your diet.

6. The only bad choice for the diet is no choice

Every loser I know has a story about some stupid thing he did along the way. Usually, he will tell me, he got obsessive about something that ultimately did not matter. After hearing so many stories, for so many years, I have concluded that mistakes are an absolutely essential part of the weight-loss process.

Anecdotal? No question. I’m sure there is someone out there who started with the perfect diet and workout program, approached his goals with no setbacks, and lived happily ever after. I have just never met that guy.

The ones I know tried multiple diets and workout programs, with varying levels of success, until they mixed, matched, and tinkered their way to successful result. At every step, they made the choices. Sometimes they were the obvious ones, but usually not.

Each choice, good or bad, bring them closer to their goals for a simple reason: They learned something new about themselves. The more they understood their own bodies, the better the next choice could be.

What does not work, in my experience, is not making any choices at all. I have never met a single person who lost weight without changing any habits or mastering any new skills. If what you know now and what you do now is all you need to lose weight, you would’ve lost it already.

See more : [url]http://fitnessgyms4u.com/6-diet-rules-every-dieter-should-be-known/[/url]
    Source : fitnessmagazine.com
    Last edited by lilyus1; 01-08-2016, 10:51 AM.
Working...
X