Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm newish and need some accountability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm newish and need some accountability.

Hello JeFit members, i've been on here for a while and I've been trying to get my friends on board to help motivate me. The did not happen lol. Anyhow, I am just reaching out to all of you. Here's my story in a nutshell: I'm 27, finally filling out a little, I tore my labrum six or so years ago and finally had surgery a year and a half ago, I'm super busy and have plenty of excuses to quit working out. I'm on probably my seventh startup from quitting but I'm at week five or so and feeling hopeful. My shoulder still sucks somewhat but I know how to work around i.. All in all I really just need a guy who can help coach me a bit and keep me accountable. Oh and I hate cardio haha.
    Last edited by Aaronk89; 04-15-2016, 08:27 PM. Reason: i miss spelled some words

If you hate cardio, try incorporating HIIT, and upping intensity and reducing the weight.

With regards to the injury, I feel your pain, i had a labral tear 2013, which was repaired, then in 2014 and 2015 i had operations on my elbow to move the ulnar nerve and re-route the tricep tendon - movements are iffy and pushing movements and shoulder still gives me some grief - best advice i ever got was to spend a decent time doing stretching and mobility pre workout, and stop before it hurts - listen to your body and avoid aggravating movements.

Good luck with the journey buddy!

Comment

Hey man I appreciate the reply. Its definitely a journey after surgery. its pretty infuriating when you lift something you know should be easy and later you realize you hurt yourself.

Anyhow, I'll work on a bit more stretching. I had a friend that had a similar issue years ago that I just got in contact with. he said T-spine mobility is huge in rehabbing the shoulder.

Comment

hey guy, do very light sitting shoulder rotator cuff rotations everyday ,

[url]https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja &uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1pcTWm5rMAhXF0xoKHTuJCwsQjRwIB w&url=http%3A%2F%2Feliot.over-blog.com%2F2015%2F08%2Frotator-cuff-injury.html&psig=AFQjCNEBE6CO3Bmkj6ExiDMxd2Gkifq0x w&ust=1461138585515458[/url]

I do it sitting in a 90' bench with my elbow on the backrest of the chair, Keep elbow at 90 degress and rotate the weight from as far forward as you can to as far back. I use a 10kg or 7.5kg dumbell. if you injured even goto a 2.

With the years of boxing and training my elbows wrists and shoulders have taken a beating and I have had good results with this method.

as for the motivation. I cant function with out gym or a bit of sparring or at least a run a day. Your motivation is up to you, as you will be the one getting the results as a reflection of the work you put in.

Leave the ego at the door, get in there and do what you know you should do. when you think of quitting mid set, take a deep breath and push through, even drop weight , but finish.

Murder it everyday.

Comment

hey guy, do very light sitting shoulder rotator cuff rotations everyday ,

[url]https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja &uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1pcTWm5rMAhXF0xoKHTuJCwsQjRwIB w&url=http%3A%2F%2Feliot.over-blog.com%2F2015%2F08%2Frotator-cuff-injury.html&psig=AFQjCNEBE6CO3Bmkj6ExiDMxd2Gkifq0x w&ust=1461138585515458[/url]

I do it sitting in a 90' bench with my elbow on the backrest of the chair, Keep elbow at 90 degress and rotate the weight from as far forward as you can to as far back. I use a 10kg or 7.5kg dumbell. if you injured even goto a 2.

With the years of boxing and training my elbows wrists and shoulders have taken a beating and I have had good results with this method.

as for the motivation. I cant function with out gym or a bit of sparring or at least a run a day. Your motivation is up to you, as you will be the one getting the results as a reflection of the work you put in.

Leave the ego at the door, get in there and do what you know you should do. when you think of quitting mid set, take a deep breath and push through, even drop weight , but finish.

Murder it everyday.

Comment

Working...
          X