Help, please! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, please! :)

I am pretty much new to fitness. Although I've been back and fourth between dieting and trying to constistanty work out for years now, ive never stuck to it. But now i feel like i have absolutley reached my max.. Im weighing in at 215 lbs now and my ultimate goal is to be around 125 lbs so, about 90 lbs to lose. Im completely lost on what type of gym routine i should do to loose the 90lbs and really get nice and toned. Any advice is greatly appreiciated !!

First, everything depends on a lifestyle change.

Second, don't think "diet". Think and believe in "healthy choices". Eat less of what you know to be junk.

Third, if you want lifetime lasting results, see number 1 again.

Most people that use "quick" or "shortcut" ways of losing weight change their lifestyle until the weight is gone and return to their bad habits. The rest see "diet" as some great sacrifice, instead of what it actually is (everything you put into your body is part of your diet). The diet you choose is up to you.

Fourth, most beginner routines (lifting weights along with cardio) will burn the excess calories stored on your body.
    Swimming is a great, low impact cardio exercise.

Fifth, use more energy than you consume. Calories are itty bitty batteries and fat is excess storage, but who wants to carry around a storage shed full of energy that only makes life more difficult?

Sixth, never get discouraged because of the numbers on a scale. Muscle takes less space in the body than fat does.Click image for larger version

Name:	fat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	64219
    Some gyms have trainers that will measure your body fat percentage with calipers, instead of using a BMI chart. Progress can be better logged using the caliper method and it is more accurate.

Lastly, our destination is the grave. It's the journey that we are remembered by and I wish you the best in your journey to a better version of you.

Comment

Hey OP,

If your goal is weight loss I think you should be more concerned about what you're eating then going to the gym - as really your diet is the critical factor here.

I was a bit like yourself last year. I weighed 194lb in March now I'm about 161lb.

From my own experience I recommend you look into If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM). It's basically calorie counting; you eat at a caloric deficit the size of which is completely dependant on the rate of weight loss you want.

IIFYM is relatively unrestrictive you can fit in foods you enjoy once you don't move outside your range or you can alter your weekly caloric goal to fit in social events.

Comment

Working...
      X