New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

I'm new to the forum. Been using the app for a couple of months. Worked out with weights in my teens and 20's. Took a small 20 year break and now I am back. Been back at it since January. Thank God for muscle memory. I'll be 50 next year and want to be in good shape. I plan to start competing in powerlifting competitions next year. I never have before, but always wanted to .

I'm old school when it comes to training. Free weights are king. Body parts need 2 training days a week. Every workout needs one more rep or one more pound... pick one. I pyramid the big exercises. The rest are in 3x or 4x sets that work up to 8 reps, then add weight. Same formula I used in the 80's and 90's.

Welcome and good luck with reaching your training goals and you'll find a fair few of us here over 50, doing well and looking good!

Comment

Congratulations

Congrats on getting back in the gym!

Are you going with any specific benchmark goals? Or do you have any set dates yet for the competitions that you want to do?

-Erik

Comment

I have a few benchmark goals set. I plan to go see some powerlifting meets this year and enter a couple next year. That's the plan at least.

Mike

Comment

Hey I'm Jenny from England..Hope I found here everything I am searching for!

Comment

a

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
            I'm new to the forum. Been using the app for a couple of months. Worked out with weights in my teens and 20's. Took a small 20 year break and now I am back. Been back at it since January. Thank God for muscle memory. I'll be 50 next year and want to be in good shape. I plan to start competing in powerlifting competitions next year. I never have before, but always wanted to .

I'm old school when it comes to training. Free weights are king. Body parts need 2 training days a week. Every workout needs one more rep or one more pound... pick one. I pyramid the big exercises. The rest are in 3x or 4x sets that work up to 8 reps, then add weight. Same formula I used in the 80's and 90's.
            congrats bro...

Comment

Working...
            X