toned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toned

Hi was just wondering how to get rid of last bit of stomach fat people say I am very slim I am six foot and weigh about ten stone my waist is 30 inch my stomach is fairly toned but I can still grab the flab I used to be 14 stone wen I was 16 and I recon the flab has stayed I go to the gym and also do a little circuit up the park my diet is mainly pasta fish and chicken I try not to eat any carbs at night and just eat lots of Veg but no potato s is there any thing I can do to get even more toned or maybe change my diet my arms vary from 13 and a half inch to 14 inch I have 14 inch calves but very skinny ankles my wrists are also thin so I recon I fall into the ectomorph place if any one can give me any ideas or help would be much great full thank s would really like to get a six pack as well that you can grate cheese on ha ha
    Last edited by harvo; 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM.

1. Proper Eating

With reduced calories you are taking in less fat for your body to store.

2. Cardiovascular Exercise

With cardio exercise your body will need energy and will burn fat.

3. Weight Lifting

The larger your muscles the more you can burn fat

HOWEVER there is a fine line of which you still will need to replenish your body so it does not burn out. You will need to increase water and food to compensate for the extra cardio and weight lifting you will be doing. Finding the proper ratio of what to eat is sometimes a little more difficult to do. You still need carbohydrates but will also need protein. And you will need the essential fats such as Omega 3,6,9.

Here is some information I provided for another forum many years ago.

NUTRITION:

Eating properly is also important. It has been recommended, and I follow this practice, to eat 5 to 6 meals a day. These are not big meals but smart meals. What you would normally eat “to be fit” in a day, break up into 5 to 6 smaller meals. I’ll try to explain the reasoning behind this.

Take an average person who is fit and eats 3 meals a day like the normal population. When they eat their body will use whatever it needs for energy at that time and then the rest will be stored for energy later on … in other words fat. They continue on like this but for many this little bit of fat become more of a problem especially when they get older and their metabolism slows down and they cannot burn this energy/fat as effectively so it becomes more noticeable. Now by breaking these 3 meals down into 5 or 6 meals, your body can only use what energy is given and if it needs more it will need to use the energy that it has in store … fat. This is why I would suggest for even the average person who wishes to loose a few pounds to try this instead of a diet; cut back what you eat but eat smarter.

Now weight lifters will need to increase what they eat and one of the things you will need to increase is your protein intake. Now this can be done through foods or supplements but this will have to be your choice. You may find that the time to prepare something vs. the cost to purchase something goes one way or the other; you choose for you. I would also suggest after a heavy workout that immediately within an hour period that you take some protein and here is why.

The body has a built-in survival drug hormone called “cortisol”. Immediately following a high-intensity workout the body pumps this hormone whose function is to carry off protein to the liver where it converts it to glucose, which provides energy for the body. The longer and harder the workout the more cortisol is pumped. Why is this important to replenish protein? The largest supply of protein in your body is your muscles … so this is the first place attacked by the cortisol and why it is important to replenish the protein immediately. When the protein is destroyed in the muscles this is known as a “catabolic state”. Another reason that this is important is that our immune system is based on proteins and if this is attacked by the cortisol this can weaken our defense mechanisms.

Now how much protein does one need to take? The answer is not as much as you think you do. Non active people need .36 grams per pound of bodyweight per day. For an active person such as a weight lifter it is recommended that you need 0.6136 grams per pound of body weight per day. (i.e. 200 pound athlete would required 122.72 grams of protein per day). Remember more is not better when it comes to protein intake. In fact there are studies that show that excessive protein intake over extended periods of time can possibly seriously damage your liver or kidneys.

Here are some other factors of I have come up during my search for knowledge on weight lifting. This may vary from other sources and people but is a ”guideline”. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for athletes. From 60-65% of your diet should be carbohydrates, 15-20% should be fats (yes fats … the good kind … such as Omega 3,6 and 9 which are essential) and 15-20% should be proteins.

How about calories? It is recommended that that in order to maintain ones body weight they should take their body weight in pounds and multiple it by 20. Therefore a 200 pound man would need 4000 calories to maintain his body weight. To build muscle, and thus gain weight, you need to increase your calories slightly by adding 400 to 600 more calories total. Taller, younger, heavier, and more active people generally require more calories per day then do shorter, older, lighter and less active people. Here is another guideline:

* 175 lbs or under; add 400 calories
    * 176 – 200 lbs; add 500 calories
    * 201 lbs or more; add 600 calories

If you are getting bigger and stronger without adding noticeable fat to your waist then you are okay. If you do notice that you are gaining extra weight here then cut back 100 calories until the fat disappears.

Comment

toned

Cheers for the advice how long have you been training for

Comment

13 years 4 months and going strong.

Comment

Working...
        X