Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Jefit been weight training for 5 years and looking to trade good info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Jefit been weight training for 5 years and looking to trade good info.

I'm Stan a 36 year old Financial Manager from Queens, N.Y. I'm 6'2" and went from 248 lbs -33% Body fat to 228lbs 21%, body fat and still cutting (started Feb1st 2011). I played Basketball and Football in High School and College for years and I took on Body Building after my playing days were over. I have been lifting for a while and I started to get serious about weight training about 5 years ago. I have tried thousands of routines and various supplements so I bring a wealth of experience to weight lifting game. I try to hit the Gym up 4-5 times a week and more than anything else it's a great stress reliever. With Family and work to deal with I find solitude and comfort in the Gym. I love a challenge and always set personal goals for myself. I am currently in my summer cutting phase and went from and extreme bulking phase, lifting maxes like 325 Bench, 730 Leg Press, 375 Dead lifts, 350lbs squats. I feel I am where I need to be as far as my muscular development now I need to work on that Beach Body I have use to have in my teen year, but now with more muscle. Wish me luck and I'm always down to chat about routines, ideas and anything to help the next man so feeling free to holla at me anytime.
    “The only place success comes before work is the dictionary"

PEACE AND LOVE!

Welcome, SJ! I feel the same as you about the gym being a great stress reliever. It's weird that one can find solitude in a place that has 100s of people in it!

Comment

Looking for some Advice

Originally posted by sjlouisbiz View Post
      I'm Stan a 36 year old Financial Manager from Queens, N.Y. I'm 6'2" and went from 248 lbs -33% Body fat to 228lbs 21%, body fat and still cutting (started Feb1st 2011). I played Basketball and Football in High School and College for years and I took on Body Building after my playing days were over. I have been lifting for a while and I started to get serious about weight training about 5 years ago. I have tried thousands of routines and various supplements so I bring a wealth of experience to weight lifting game. I try to hit the Gym up 4-5 times a week and more than anything else it's a great stress reliever. With Family and work to deal with I find solitude and comfort in the Gym. I love a challenge and always set personal goals for myself. I am currently in my summer cutting phase and went from and extreme bulking phase, lifting maxes like 325 Bench, 730 Leg Press, 375 Dead lifts, 350lbs squats. I feel I am where I need to be as far as my muscular development now I need to work on that Beach Body I have use to have in my teen year, but now with more muscle. Wish me luck and I'm always down to chat about routines, ideas and anything to help the next man so feeling free to holla at me anytime.
      “The only place success comes before work is the dictionary"

PEACE AND LOVE!

Hi Stan,

Nice to see some one like you here. I am new to body building. I have some background in Theater, and I plan on pursuing acting ( even though I am into Master's Program of Industrial Engineering )

My goal is to build muscle, have a well toned body along with reducing belly fat, butt fat as first step. I had never worked out before in y life. I started about 4-5 weeks back. I do treadmill for about 20 minuets, & 3 sets of bum bells, crunches, chest, biceps etc. I have some questions about my workout and thought you would be a great resource.

Here are my questions

1) Should I do cardio before weights?
      2) How much should I eat?
      3) How helpful would it be to get a personal trainer?

I look forward to your reply.

Piyush

Comment

Working...
      X