Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Healthkit

Hi Jefit team

How is the progress/plan on Apple Healthkit integration, it has been around for some years now? Care to share an update please?

+1, I also want to add this

Comment

Thanks a lot for the [URL="http://trivaltech.com"]info[/URL] guys

Comment

+1 healthkit integration would be amazing to have as a tool. jefit is already great, but definitely needs healthkit support on iOS

Comment

"Strong" supports HealthKit and a proper Apple Watch app, I don't get what jefit is doing. Every little workout app supports both yet the bigger Jefit seems to be asleep.

Comment

Would also like this integrated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dandandan View Post
              "Strong" supports HealthKit and a proper Apple Watch app, I don't get what jefit is doing. Every little workout app supports both yet the bigger Jefit seems to be asleep.
              Thanks for the tip, because this is getting ridiculous. No response from the developers on threads like this makes it worse.

I've been thinking about bailing on jefit for a while, I'm just tired of not knowing if it will even happen. Does anyone know if it's possible to export all of my data to a spreadsheet or another app?

Comment

Originally posted by Djl62490 View Post
                Thanks for the tip, because this is getting ridiculous. No response from the developers on threads like this makes it worse.

I've been thinking about bailing on jefit for a while, I'm just tired of not knowing if it will even happen. Does anyone know if it's possible to export all of my data to a spreadsheet or another app?
                No capability to export data from JEFIT to other apps. It has been designed this way and even if we have received numerous suggestions to have this feature become available, we're not looking at the possibility to import your logs to any competitor's apps. I hope you understand that we do it this way to protect our service even if it's free or paid.

As for the HealthKit, we have very limited people who wants this integration. Let's say 20 people, there are only 1-2 requesting this feature. If we have hit the right audience, then we will most likely add this up in the future. Right now, developing it for a very limited audience may take a lot of our time and to be honest, we're just a very small company with very limited manpower so we want to focus more on improving the available features.

Comment

Originally posted by JefitAdmin View Post
                  No capability to export data from JEFIT to other apps. It has been designed this way and even if we have received numerous suggestions to have this feature become available, we're not looking at the possibility to import your logs to any competitor's apps. I hope you understand that we do it this way to protect our service even if it's free or paid.

As for the HealthKit, we have very limited people who wants this integration. Let's say 20 people, there are only 1-2 requesting this feature. If we have hit the right audience, then we will most likely add this up in the future. Right now, developing it for a very limited audience may take a lot of our time and to be honest, we're just a very small company with very limited manpower so we want to focus more on improving the available features.
                  People on iOS who are looking for a workout app will skip jefit without HealthKit integration. I will drop Jefit and use any other of your competitors if that will not come in the next few month. Your competitors almost all have HealthKit integration and a working Watch app btw.
                  I don't get why you are unable to add this, it's not like it takes 10 guys 2 months to implement. It seems, also judging how unmoderated this forum is, how infrequent your updates are how buggy your watch app is for month, that your company is having money issues and is unable to hire proper coder talent. HealthKit integration takes 1 coder a few days tops, if he/she is unexperienced. Sure testing takes some time, but you guys don't test what you release anyways.

If you want to get new customers you can not lag behind your competitors. People will choose different apps. 1 workout a week I am testing new apps already. I will switch, even though I have years of data in Jefit. It's sad but it's so annoying using your app atm compared to for example "Strong app". The only thing that sets you apart is your website, which offer some value.

Also if you need to hold your users data hostage to retain clients, there is something deeply deeply wrong with what you offer.

Also there are more than 1-2 people in this thread alone requesting this feature.
                  Last edited by dandandan; 10-31-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I appreciate your response, but that's all deeply disappointing to read.

First, your 1 to 2 out of 20 stat seems either completely made up or just flat out wrong. Sort the top questions in this subforum by most views, and 4 of the top 7 pertain in some way to integrating data with other apps, with a fifth post about data export. The reason many people want to export their logs is because how insulated Jefit is from the rest of the fitness and health tracking community. I love the app, but preventing users from integrating it within a larger ecosystem significantly limits its usability. And then you turn around and tell me that my years of logs can't be exported due to what boils down to fear of competition. All I want to do is integrate all of my tracking data myself since you guys refuse to.

So here is why I'm leaving: after years of wondering whether integration with apple healthkit and other apps (that devs/admins repeatedly said may happen!), now I'm being told it won't happen. That's ok though, because I don't mind compiling data from several apps myself and logging it all in excel, so I'll just export my data and....oh wait...you're holding it hostage. Shame on you guys for taking 3 years of logs of my hard work.
                    Last edited by Djl62490; 11-01-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I came here hoping for positive info. I used Jefit a couple years ago and am in the process of seeing what is new and thought I'd check on healthkit and Apple Watch integration. I'll keep looking and move on from Jefit, that's $40/yr missed in case you are keeping tabs.

Comment

It is a shame that the perspective is so far removed from what people want because of fear of having a service compromised that is just simply "okay" at present development level. Here is the rub for me, I have all of my fitbit and apple health data setting in my iphone already and it is captured automatically from my smart weight scale and heart rate monitor of fitbit, including many other important body stats. I need this data to be read into the app automatically, not take anything from jefit or compromise the app in any way! If you think this appeals to only 20 people, you have just measured your demise due to failure to grow in days not years. IMHO.

BTW, 1 to 2 out of 20 people. Are you really that comfortable in saying that up to 10% percent of your customer base simply does not matter to you at all!?!?
                        Last edited by PapaRob; 12-01-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaRob View Post
                          It is a shame that the perspective is so far removed from what people want because of fear of having a service compromised that is just simply "okay" at present development level. Here is the rub for me, I have all of my fitbit and apple health data setting in my iphone already and it is captured automatically from my smart weight scale and heart rate monitor of fitbit, including many other important body stats. I need this data to be read into the app automatically, not take anything from jefit or compromise the app in any way! If you think this appeals to only 20 people, you have just measured your demise due to failure to grow in days not years. IMHO.

BTW, 1 to 2 out of 20 people. Are you really that comfortable in saying that up to 10% percent of your customer base simply does not matter to you at all!?!?
                          This is the reason I don't use Jefit. Looking forward to the day Jefit integrates/writes workout data to Apple Health. Until then I'll use apps that do (Strong, Fitbod, Optimize Fitness, the latter two use machine learning to customise a personal plan rather than subscribing to generic workouts.)

Edit: just thought of something, would a work-around be to (in addition to launching and using Jefit in the gym) also launch and use Apple activity/workout, log the workout as other under 'strength training' at the same time and end both at the end of the workout so health kit captures the activity?
                          Last edited by AaronCooper5; 12-07-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Cancelled subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

Cancelled subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

Comment

Also canceling subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

Comment

Working...
                              X