No announcement yet.

Apple Healthkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined JEFIT today. Is there any updated plan/timeline for developing full integration with Apple HealthKit, Workouts, and Activity Tracker?

Comment

Also just joined was really looking forward to using this app and was ready to pay for full membership. I will also be canceling my subscription soon due to lack of Apple Health integration.

Comment

Same here. I will be forced to move to a competitor as well without HealthKit integration.

Comment

Hello? Checking in on status of connecting with Apple Health. I've been using Jefit for years waiting for integration. Please make this happen, otherwise, I'm definitely looking into other options as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JefitAdmin View Post
            No capability to export data from JEFIT to other apps. It has been designed this way and even if we have received numerous suggestions to have this feature become available, we're not looking at the possibility to import your logs to any competitor's apps. I hope you understand that we do it this way to protect our service even if it's free or paid.

As for the HealthKit, we have very limited people who wants this integration. Let's say 20 people, there are only 1-2 requesting this feature. If we have hit the right audience, then we will most likely add this up in the future. Right now, developing it for a very limited audience may take a lot of our time and to be honest, we're just a very small company with very limited manpower so we want to focus more on improving the available features.
            I'm truly disappointed. I started using your app just a week ago and thought it was safe to assume you had a HealthKit integration (this is standard for fitness apps these days). After not finding it I thought it was safe to assume you were working on it. Finding this response was really surprising. I can't bring myself to be a customer anymore not just because your app is isolated from all my other fitness apps but because of the way you think about your business. Being defensive about integrations like this shows you're not confident in your product, which makes me lose confidence in your product.

I work in software and, just a hunch, your 2 in 20 number is way off. My guess is you are silently losing potential customers and stifling user adoption by actively omitting a HealthKit integration.

Comment

No capability to export data from JEFIT to other apps. It has been designed this way and even if we have received numerous suggestions to have this feature become available, we're not looking at the possibility to import your logs to any competitor's apps. I hope you understand that we do it this way to protect our service even if it's free or paid.

As for the HealthKit, we have very limited people who wants this integration. Let's say 20 people, there are only 1-2 requesting this feature. If we have hit the right audience, then we will most likely add this up in the future. Right now, developing it for a very limited audience may take a lot of our time and to be honest, we're just a very small company with very limited manpower so we want to focus more on improving the available features.
              Please bring this. I'll be cancelling my membership if this is not coming soon. If your numbers are accurate on your website, with 7 million users, then it's going to be more than just a few who want the Apple Health integration. I've already paid for Strong and will move to them fully without integration.

Comment

As a user I would really appreciate having Apple HealthKit integration, and I would expect most of your users with an Apple device would. I can understand your reasoning with not wanting to share data with other apps.

If you had the ability to integrate with HealthKit, I would not hesitate to pay for the elite subscription. The lack of this feature is why I’ve tried some of the other apps. I haven’t found the perfect app yet, and JEFIT would be perfect, if it had this ability

Comment

Jefit, you are going to loose big time if you keep refusing to connect with Health!

It is unreasonable that the Jefit developers are stubbornly refusing to connect Jefit to Apple's Health app. Apple's Health app does not compete with workout loggers like Jefit - it complements them. Jefit, you should be happy about Health app! The sales of the Apple Watch are skyrocketing. You guys are going to lose out big time if you don't go with the flow. I've been using Jefit for 5 years and am changing to a different app now.

Comment

I have been waiting for years for this ... and I check back every now and then to see if it is ever going to be implemented. While I love the app I guess my days are finally done here. After 7 years of supporting the app, I am now to the point that I will start sampling other apps that do have Health Kit integrations. Once I find the one I love ... my 15 friends that currently use the app with me ... well, they will be coming with me to the new app of my choice. Sorry, JeFit .... have given you enough of my money as a paid member for years but the time to move on has come.

Comment

I KNOW you didn't mean there's a small iOS user market using this app. I just KNOW you didn't mean that, RIGHT?!?!?
                      What iPhone users love about the Apple gadgets is its ability to integrate with your LIFE. Being able to see your workout reflect on other areas of your health is what we LOVE about HealthKit.

PLEASE make this available.

Comment

Have to say I was really sorry to read this, that is exactly the attitude that I would never wish to see from an app developer. In essence, you're afraid that you will not be able to compete with your product, so you're just concentrating on trying to lock in the current user base. That's really a shame, and I'm sure with hindsight you too will realize that was a dumb move.

Anyway, thanks for the 7 years I've happily used your app, it stings a bit that you won't allow me to take my data with me (yes, it is my data after all), but the sooner I cut the cord the easier it will be. Drop me a note if you ever come to your senses. Bye.

Comment

Just noted this doing my first routine using your app. Very disappointing. Guess I will look for an app with Apple Health integration.

Comment

The 10.11 version released a few days ago added HealthKit support, however, the "Connect Apple Health" in the app settings doesn't do anything.

I have completed a workout since updating and Jefit doesn't appear in iPhone's Settings/Privacy/Health or in Health app Data Sources. I have also tried logging out and deleting data and deleting the app and reinstalling it with no improvement.

I'm really excited Jefit now has HealthKit support if I can just get it to show up as a data source.

Also, the privacy settings in the app don't seem to stick or at least it doesn't display the current settings when you open it or set, save and reopen.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?
                            Last edited by vintonc; 01-17-2019, 12:25 AM. Reason: fixing a typo and lost most of the original post

Comment

Same issue here too, HealthKit integration is not working

Comment

Originally posted by vintonc View Post
                                The 10.11 version released a few days ago added HealthKit support, however, the "Connect Apple Health" in the app settings doesn't do anything.

I have completed a workout since updating and Jefit doesn't appear in iPhone's Settings/Privacy/Health or in Health app Data Sources. I have also tried logging out and deleting data and deleting the app and reinstalling it with no improvement.

I'm really excited Jefit now has HealthKit support if I can just get it to show up as a data source.

Also, the privacy settings in the app don't seem to stick or at least it doesn't display the current settings when you open it or set, save and reopen.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?
                                They do but it is limited to two measurements, weight and height...
                                Last edited by JacobyHickerson; 01-27-2019, 05:51 AM. Reason: The last post cut off my reply

Comment

Working...
                                X