More Careful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Careful?

I've noticed that since I started lifting I'm much more careful in my day to day activities. I seem to be more cognoscente of physical activity at work and around the house.

Guess I'm just concerned about injuring myself and not being able to work out. We've been remodeling the office space at work so there's been a bit of lifting lately.

If anything, I work a little more "carefully" because I'm sore and it hurts to do anything!

Comment

I think it's more that I realize my muscles aren't warmed up prior and I know what can happen.. And I know if I do something stupid I won't get to lift. Guess I'm just paranoid.

Today my desk at work split in half when I moved it for the painters. Not "oh look a piece came off". Broke in half. Either I have some serious strength and don't realize or it was a crappy desk. Leaning toward the latter. Had to dig through an office full of cube parts (literally wall to wall). So I got a double workout today I guess. Still have only half a desk propped up by a chair. Be a damn shame if my $4000 worth of computer hardware fell off it. *sigh*

Comment

I'm balls to the walls and never think about being more careful. I've been injured from weight lifting and have been injured from martial arts with many requiring surgeries. I throw caution to the wind and realize when playing rough sometimes it comes with bumps and bruises. I grew up this way so perhaps why I continue this way. Plus with some of my work physical violence does happen and cannot be avoided; injury or possibly worse goes with the territory.

Comment

Originally posted by decu68 View Post
          Plus with some of my work physical violence does happen and cannot be avoided; injury or possibly worse goes with the territory.
          But you live in Canada. You guys don't get angry over anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Deviation View Post
            But you live in Canada. You guys don't get angry over anything...
            He must play hockey.

Comment

Funny guys. No, don't play hockey and never had. Don't know why as my mother loved watching it. Instead I grew up playing football (7 years), soccer (10 years), baseball (2 years) and wrestling (3 years) throughout school. Always wished I played hockey years later though I was pretty active and my parents probably couldn't afford the constant upgrading of equipment for a growing boy. Heck, I haven't even had skates on sine I was 12 years old; and that was a LONGGGGGG time ago.

Physical violence; law enforcement. Never know what is going to happen so just deal with it when it happens.

Comment

Working...
              X