I want my Physique Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my Physique Back!

Hi, I used to have a good physique, but I lost it in recent years when I allowed mental health issues to overwhelm me.

Now I feel fat and ugly and - worse - exercise makes me faint! Last few times I went to the gym I got dizzy and ill.

So I'm now scared of the gym, which makes it all worse.

I've bought Jefit pro to try and get myself organised and back into the swing of things. I'm doing crunches and pressups in my living room and using a rowing machine to try and get a tolerance for exercise again.

I want to get back in the gym but I'm scared, I'm developing agorophobia and going out is increasingly hard.

I hope that the community here will help me back into the rhythm of bodybuilding and allow me to regain my physique and my (physical) health.

That in turn will improve my self-esteem and confidence and I sorely need both!

See you in the forums!

Kind Regards
    Dave

welcome!
    I'm in/was in a similar position myself the main thing that would help, and is something you can do comfortably is try and get your diet right, eat healthy, high protein etc and cut out the junk
    That'll give you abit more energy and enthusiasm and will start to make abit of a difference, i found the best way to do it is get your days and times of going the gym set and try to stick to them, and just try to enjoy being in the gym, you may have to force yourself to go a few times, but soon you'll get it into your routine and it'll become easier.

and as with everything, start small! don't try to push yourself first time round, just maybe take a trip or 2 to the gym to work out what your comfortable with, start off at the lowest and do a couple of reps see how it feels, then if it's far to easy put it up abit and try again until you find something that offers a slight challenge after 10 or so reps, and next time start there
    And make sure to drink water, being properly hydrated will not only make you feel alot better, but will give you more energy and you'll be able to do that bit better

And remember, everyone has to start somewhere so don't be scared or embarrassed if everyone else in the gym is twice your size lifting 5 times the weight, they were at your level once, just use them as motivation something you can achieve if you keep going!

and good luck mate!

Comment

I know where your coming from

Hang in there guy you can do it. I am 47 yrs old with health issues as well. Three years ago I lost 70% of my muscle mass and packed on over a hundred pounds due to the in ability to move, I have been working on it slowly but surely. I can now stand without assistance and have started working out in a gym, but believe me it was not without reservation. I am in the 300 range and decreasing slowly, but it is going away! By the way thought I would tell you: We are all crazy it's just a matter of degrees
      J. Nottingham
      AKA: Chief64

Comment

Well that's another 30 mins of rowing machine done (2x15mins with break)...

Kind Regards
        Dave

PS. Thanx for the support so far...

Comment

Does Extreme-Housework count as a workout?

I think I'm having a coronary....

Kind Regards
          Dave

Comment

I started with hedge-trimming and worked my way to hand-cleaning the carpets, scrubbing the kitchen floor and humping around boxes of stuff before ending with some wall painting...

...then I expired!!!!

Kind Regards
            Dave

Comment

Well, I just smashed my phone and can't afford another, so this might be where my firtation with Jefit Pro ends.

Comment

Smashed it? Check out eBay and Craigslist. There's some affordable android phones out there that will run Jefit. You only need WiFi access if you can't afford the plan. No excuses!

Comment

Two weeks ago, because of tiredness, I didn't complete all my workouts for the week. Last week, because of the riots in Manchester, I didn't go to the gym at all. I'm losing motivation and dedication and I still feel fat and ugly.

How do I find my mojo?

Kind Regards
                  Dave

Comment

Just think how you feel now having not been, and how much better you feel when you've had a good work out
                    and remember what it is your trying to achieve, and how good you'll feel once youve done that!
                    and what's an hour out of your day to achieve that!

Comment

Another day, another missed gym session...

Comment

Do you actually WANT your physique back? If you really WANT it, you'll get your arse off the couch and to the gym. I've seen some of your posts where you mention you don't enjoy going to the gym. You will never progress in something you dislike doing. Especially when it's something that truly can be made optional.

Watch some of the videos below. I know I've found them inspiring myself. The intro to the first one should hit home for you.

Kai Green is pretty funny in this clip... Warning: He talks about cake so if you're hungry, you may wanna skip it.

This guy's entire YouTube channel has some great compilations. [URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/ZhasniEpic[/URL]

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you don't truly want to make the change you won't. It takes commitment, patience, and perseverance.

Comment

Do it!

Originally posted by OptikaNET View Post
                          Another day, another missed gym session...
                          Come on just get up and do it! Even using home weights.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	some_motivation_required_exercise.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	63948

I'm getting there but it's so hard...

Comment

Whatever works for ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X