I want my Physique Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deviation View Post
    Does seem to be a change. Looks like you added a smile as well.
    That's what I as thinking too . Seems like the weight loss has made you happier . Congrats Dave
    Last edited by 1dewayne; 03-12-2012, 03:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Well the Guinness cannot have harmed me too much because my weight today is 72.0kg (16% BF)!!! Yay!!! Just 2kg or so off my goal.

Let's see if my weightloss can survive the meals tomorrow and Saturday....

Should really take another progress pic, it's been ten days...

Kind Regards
      Dave

Comment

Okay, Legs completed which finishes last week's exercise routine. Now for this week's...

However, I get 24 hours time-out!!!

Kind Regards
        Dave

Comment

Pizza!!!! Omnomnomnom...

Kind Regards
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by OptikaNET View Post
            Pizza!!!! Omnomnomnom...

Kind Regards
            Dave
            As long as its not the WHOLE pizza.

Comment

Of COURSE it was the whole pizza!!!

And chocolate brownies too!!!

Kind Regards
              Dave

Comment

Not sure why I bother writing these posts as I'm sure nobody reads them anyway...

Okay, I undid a little of the Birthday damage yesterday.

Chest, Arms and Forearms completed. Strange thing happened there which hasn't happened before; Normally these training sessions would not be done the same day, so I found that two of the exercises were so similar that it didn't seem like a good idea to to them so close together. They were chest dips (from chest day) and triceps dips (arms day). I did the chest dips but I decided to substitue dumbell triceps extensions instead (which I haven't done for ages and - to be honest - I've been looking for an opportunity/excuse to put them back in my routine!).

Some problems; triceps extensions draws heavily on the core for stability and so I got some twinges, but so far I seem to be surviving.

However, seem to have come down with a bad cold. Was feverish last night and still not recovered today so I think I will leave further workouts until I'm feeling a bit better. Sadly that's going to mean missing the swimming group as well, because the pool isn't heated very well and I'm already shivering with the fever so sitting in a cold pool for an hour doesn't seem like a good idea.

I don't want to overstress my immune system. I was absolutely exhausted from the gym last night - I barely had the strength to cycle home afterwards and just fell into bed!!! This may be what made me susceptible to the cold virus in the first place... (I don't seem to have been getting colds recently - I guess I was about due!!!!).

Still got shoulders, back and legs to do. Because I trained legs Monday I can't do them until Saturday anyway, but I was hoping to do shoulders and back today. If I'm feeling better tomorrow then maybe I can do them then.

I need to do something... I ate FAR TOO MUCH on Tuesday!!!

Kind Regards
                Dave

Comment

So, still trying to shrug off this flu-like bug, but I might try using the gym tomorrow.

Weight back down to 71.9kg today so I've undone the damage I did last week and I'm back in the "losing zone" !!!

Kind Regards
                  Dave

Comment

A while back I had the flu like bug ,was feeling better and did a hard workout ended up getting sick again . Be careful Dave .
                    Congratulations on still losing . Best of luck to you , Dewayne

Comment

Originally posted by 1dewayne View Post
                      A while back I had the flu like bug ,was feeling better and did a hard workout ended up getting sick again . Be careful Dave .
                      Likewise. Stomach is just getting back to normal almost a week later.

Comment

Yes I know. When is it too early to go back?

I just have the cough now, which will probably last a week or so, and I don't really want to wait any longer than I have to before continuing my rehabilitation at the gym!

Down another 0.5kg today (71.4kg) although my Tanita bodyfat measurement went up for some reason (17%). Starting to feel that this value is getting less accurate.

Ironically, now that the subcutaneous fat is disappearing I'm starting to become accutely aware of how much muscle mass I have lost.

Now I need to juggle my mass-gain needs with my weight-loss needs!!! Still not sure how to do that...

Kind Regards
                        Dave

Comment

Recovered from flu now. Only been able to visit gym once so far this week and I trained chest and arms (but didn't have time for forearms).

I've just decided to increase my MyFitnessPal daily calorie goals from 1200 to 1700 calories.

Kind Regards
                          Dave

Comment

My mind has been on Gardening this week, not weight-training, but I did some swimming on Thursday and I did my chest workout today. Easter weekend is likely to get in the way of further workouts, though...

*sigh*

Kind Regards
                            Dave

Comment

I hear you Dave . With this Great weather it's hard to stay focused on lifting . We have spent the last 3 weekends at the river ,the Coronas arent helping my cutting weight either .Was Wonderful to get away but need to get back lifting also .

Comment

On the good side, though, I'm continuing to increase the weight I use. My spasm-problem has not recurred (even though I've started to do some abdominal work again) and I'm getting close to the weight I was lifting last year (although that in itself is a lot less than I was lifting a few years ago).

If I can get the discipline to work out regularly, meet all my workout committments and get the weight into a decent working range then I'll consider actually creating a workout log like Justin and the others in the "Personal Logs" section of this Forum, but for the moment I don't feel that I'm disciplined enough to make it worth it, so I will continue logging here.

On the subject of "Logging" I'm annoyed to notice the bug that stops me creating non-programmed logs on my phone seems to have come back. So I can log my chest workout, because that's pre-programmed, but the cycling to and from the gym cannot be logged because it's refusing to remember the log (Despite the "Log Created" message coming up).

This annoyed me before, and then it got fixed. It was working a couple of weeks ago but now seems to have died again.

Discussing it here:
                                [url]http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?11857-Cardio-Logs-not-saving[/url]

Kind Regards
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X