Newby With Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby With Questions!

I'm trying to set up my exercises, can anyone please tell me how many exercises I should choose for each? I'm trying to lose 107lbs. I have plenty of muscle underneath all the fat.

In advance, thank you!!

Wendy

Well that's a tough one. If you want to lose weight, you're going to need some cardio in there. Pick one.

An easy choice is treadmill running with intervals. You do a 2-3 minute warm up. Follow this with an easy paced run for one minute. Then up the speed for a minute. Then back to your easy paced run. Repeat this for your duration. This is called interval training.

Example: 2-3 minute warm up at 4MPH. 5MPH easy run for one minute. 7.5MPH run for one minute. Back to 5MPH run. Do this for 20 minutes.

You have to be the one to pick your pace & duration though. Ellipticals are another great way to burn up some calories.

Whatever you do, include weight lifting. It doesn't need to be high weight (in fact it shouldn't be). High reps, low weight.

Comment

Pretty much what Deviation said, cardio is gonna burn the fat, rowing machines are good aswell, tend to work the whole body

and the weight lifting with low weights and high reps will not only help you keep the muscle whilst burning the fat but will help tone them areas aswell

Comment

Any activity really. If you don't like cardio just do something leisurely (biking, jogging, walking, swimming). There is really no need to weight train at this point if you don't want to. Is anybody going to tell her about the diet part? Regardless of the activity your diet will be 90% of your results.

Comment

Originally posted by jghight View Post
          Is anybody going to tell her about the diet part? Regardless of the activity your diet will be 90% of your results.
          You need to diet AND exercise? Damn that must be what I'm missing.

Grab MyFitnessPal from the Android Market: [url]https://market.android.com/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android[/url]
          This is a great app for tracking food intake.

Comment

Working...
          X