bulking diet/foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulking diet/foods

Afternoon, Just finally trying to get my diet into check (abit late i know!)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on good foods, meals, etc etc

looking at getting about 3500 a day, and a special diet with 4/5000 a day for my football days

Question. Have you ever ate that much food? Keep in mind I'm not talking mcdonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by jghight View Post
      Question. Have you ever ate that much food? Keep in mind I'm not talking mcdonalds.
      Not healthily no (up until recently)
      Probably had way more made up mainly of chips (asin potato cut up, not american "chips") an fat when i was abit younger!

Comment

What are your goals and where did you come up with your calorie requirements?

Comment

What are your goals and where did you come up with your calorie requirements?
          Goals are to bulk up overall and calories come from my BMR of around 1900-2000

Comment

Protein when you wake up, hour before you work out, right after you finish working out, and right before you go to bed. Can't go wrong with whole wheat anything(rice, pasta, bread), eggs, yams, chicken, oatmeal(steel cut or whole grain), low fat cottage cheese. All the good stuff, and don't be afraid to go back for seconds. =]

Comment

Assuming you’re from the states and with football season just starting to gear up. It’s not the ideal time for you to be bulking up. Unfortunately for you the off-season would have been your best time.

I do have some good news. Sounds like you use to eat S#*T for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You will see a great change in your body if you continue to feed it with healthy foods and exercise.

Since your daily football activities will require a lot of energy from you I would stay away from the 5000 calorie feedings. Eating and running around that much could cause you to become lethargic on a hot sunny afternoon two-a-day practice. You’re more on track with the 3500 range. In-season ideally you would aim to correctly fuel your body instead of causing weight loss or gain. Monitor your weight and adjust your calories weekly to find a balance weight you feel comfortable playing in.

I know this might not be what you want to hear but muscle building requires a lot of energy expenditure. You will not be able to both hypertrophy your muscles and recover (Breakdown and Re-build) and have enough energy to perform on a daily basis with football activities. It won't happen.

Comment

I'm not from the states, and by football i mean "soccer"

generally a few hours every now an again as opposed to a structured season, burning a good 1000/2000 cals occasionally hence the need to get more in occasionally

Comment

Any activity over 65% of your V02 Max will cause you to essentially burn muscle instead of fat. Your one to two hours of soccer will be extremely detrimental to your muscle building goals.

Comment

Any activity over 65% of your V02 Max will cause you to essentially burn muscle instead of fat. Your one to two hours of soccer will be extremely detrimental to your muscle building goals.
                    Um, really?

You might burn glycogen (energy stored in muscles) and blood glucose but this is replenished when you eat. If you eat/drink before your match, at half time and afterwards you should be able to keep the blood sugar levels up...

Also I guess it depends on your standard of football and the position to play as to exactly how hard you are exerting yourself anyway.

Comment

That 65% VO2 Max principle isn't true for everyone, unfortunately the only way to find your number for sure is to take a VO2 Max test...

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your information. If you are trying to get to around 3500/4000 calories or so you would want to eat carbs, a lot and lots of healthy carbs like whole wheat pasta, brown rice, sweet potatoes, quine, even steaks, ground beef, anything and all that is low in fat, has fiber and will fill you up. Steer clear of white rice or any pastas with no less than 2grams of fiber as that will be detrimental to your body, though it will give you more calories, the payoff from the food will just sit in your stomach.

Many Thanks
                        Reid Wilson

Comment

Megamass 4000 ftw

Comment

Diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. carbohydrate
                            is also assential part for the weight gain. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown
                            rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit.

[url=http://www.getfitsandiego.com/san-diego-bodybuilding-program.html]San Diego Bodybuilding[/url]
                            Last edited by Adam Smith; 12-03-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X