Neil Hill Thoughts on Nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Hill Thoughts on Nutrition

I was watching a video by Neil Hill on a couple topics, but one that I've been reading more is nutrition.

You can jump to the nutrition section by clicking [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm1tcVvWXz0&feature=player_detailpage#t=41 3s"]here[/URL].

One thing I thought was interesting was his thoughts on eating at night. He talks about getting up during the night and consuming more protein and water. e.g. Bed at 11pm, up at 2-3am

Not sure I can do this being that I get up at 4am as is. Any thoughts on the nutrition portion? Good, bad, indifferent?

When you have the mass of a professional bodybuilder it is important to stay anabolic at almost all times for the sake of preserving muscle mass. Sleep is the most catabolic activity next to training. This is the reason for the protein shake.

Comment

That was kind of my thought. I'm obviously nowhere near that mass. One step I have taken is adding casein at night with a little bit of granola or oatmeal. I used to wake up STARVING which is tough to get past for a morning workout. Casein and granola have helped stave that off and allow me to workout on an empty stomach (aside from protein shake + preworkout).

Comment

Surely getting up in the middle of the night just to eat would just ruin your sleep?

Soon you'll get people having and IV drip of protein during the night!

Keep it old school and just eat alot!

Comment

LOL Well I'm not getting up in the middle of the night. I'm already up at 4am. I imagine the bodybuilders he's speaking of don't get up before there's light outside.

Comment

Actually almost all of the pro bodybuilders work out in the early morning. Some believe a full day of feeding and rest after a workout is beneficial. It’s obviously unpractical for anyone who has a day job. =P

Comment

Yeah having a job kind of gets in the way of all the fun. Unfortunately, I have to pay my bills...or so they people that keep nagging me say.

Comment

Hi there,

Neil hill recommends liss because you're just trying to strip away body fat, and liss is the best for oxidative phosphorylation.

Regards,
                Reid Wilson

Comment

he's working out with kris gethin, he's got some good stuff on bodybuilding.com as well

Comment

No one can get that mascular without drugs

Comment

Not everyone with large muscles takes steroids. [URL]http://www.thenaturalmusclenetwork.com/IFPA/IFPAGallery/IFPAGallery/gallerypage.aspx?c=MB[/URL][URL="http://www.thenaturalmusclenetwork.com/IFPA/index.htm"]

[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                      X