Greetings from Washington, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Washington, USA

I've been using JEFit since 2013, when it was a high-school project and only worked on my iPad. In high-school (back in the 80s) I did weight training and wrestling (see the movie Vision Quest for where my head was at). In college I got into cycling, mostly for commuting to UCSD but also long rides along the coastal highway (US 1). Then I got desk job after desk job and the weight started packing on. I tried a few times to starve it out of my system. In 2015 I learned about low-carb/keto and that changed my life. I went from 370+ lbs to 240lbs over the course of 2.5 years. Last Christmas I let it all go and bounced back up to 290lbs. Today I'm 285lbs and working on getting it back down. At 51, I'm in the best shape of my life.

My workout routine is a little screwy, mostly because I don't know how to use JEFit. I have exercises I need to do everyday for physical therapy for my hip and rotator cuff issues. I also have my regular "heavy" (for me) lifting that I do 3 days per week. I make deals with my self to make sure my exercises get done. Only coffee before Morning P.T. and no eating before Evening P.T. or my regular lifting. I general eat OMAD but I'm less legalistic on the weekends.

Anyway, I discovered these forums trying to figure out why the progress picture I added didn't show up so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm in it for the long haul and wish you all the very best.

The girl in the photo is Abigail, my second daughter and work-out partner. She spots me on bench and I try to encourage her not to hurt herself lifting too much weight.

Comment

Working...
    X