Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey there...it's time to look good naked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there...it's time to look good naked!

I'm a social worker from Germany and two-year gym member / now six month regular gym goer...I really mean it this time

Still in the trial & error phase but trying to learn more and more about muscle building and diet. I also run. Ultimate goal (as one saying goes): Looking good naked!

Looking for inspiration, motivation & information, so if you like friend me! As I don't have any real-life friends who work out I'd be happy to be part of this community.

So...see ya, I guess

I am not going to touch the looking good naked part but if you run, most people I know who run are pretty lean and look good in a bathing suit.

What are you trying to achieve in the gym? just looks? bulk up? add definition?

Comment

Thx for the reply! The "achievement" question is a good one as I'm still a little unclear about my priorities. Looks (via bulking up, for now) are an important part. But when I first started hitting the free weight section a few weeks ago and began doing the big compound exercises like bench pressing or squats I became more ambitious to get stronger. I use sites like this one (https://strengthlevel.com/) to get an orientation as to where I stand compared to others (very, very low as by now) and try to climb up the athletic hierarchy while not getting hurt trying.
      Going to start a new job next month, so the next challenge will be to keep up my routine under different circumstances...

Comment

cool , so how we know what you are trying to do.

so, heres the thing. As a general rule low reps heavy weights = strength ( power lifting)

high reps lower weights (relatively) = bigger muscles as in more definition (body building)

there are physical "rules" that take place in your body as you lift and depending on how you are lifting your body responds in different ways, make sense?

for example, body builders want big "time under tension" so more reps = more blood= more muscle break down ( due to the acids that get released during the exercise), if you feel sore, thats the muscle break down from the acids, muscle break down = muscle regrowth = bigger muscles.

Before I go on does this make sense to you?

Comment

Working...
        X