Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Percentage !!

Hi guys !!

im trying to calculate my fat % !! i use a weight scale that calculates it !! it say 20.3 % body fat !!

so i bought the fat % clipper and made the 7 spots and 3 spots % calculations in some website !! it show 13% so how to make sure which is the right one ?

Hi,
    You should not assume to come to a "right" value with the general available measurement methods at home. Weight scales and caliper measurements are always based on assumptions about the figure of a "standard" person's physique. Better use one of the available methods to get an idea about how the physique of your body changes.

To get an accurate result you have to choose a method like Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) or Hydrostatic Weighing. Those, however, are quite expensive solutions and not practical for a regular use.

Best Wishes,
    Torsten

Comment

I agree with Hoberg - it's not possible to get an accurate measure of body fat at home. I use weight scales but changing the settings to 'athletic' (because I gym 3 or 4 times a week) and my BF % almost halfed!

The important thing is to pick a method you're happy with and stick with it, measuring the changes over time rather than any absolute number

Comment

Working...
      X