Snack Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snack Foods

So I need some more variety. I'm curious as to what everyone eats for snacks.

Here's some of my snacks:
    • Lowfat cottage cheese
    • Almonds/Walnut/Pistachios
    • Rice cakes

I know you guys have to have some good snacking foods.

Yesterday I found myself munching on fresh garden peas; still in their pod, the time taken to shell the peas as I munched them meant that I assuaged my hunger over some time while taking in only a small amount of calories and all the benefits of fresh vegetables (technically: fruit?)

Kind Regards
    Dave

Comment

Grapes
      cherries
      banana
      yoghurt
      all healthy and tasty
      Or do the old trick of drinking water an wait 20 mins

Comment

Originally posted by OptikaNET View Post
        Yesterday I found myself munching on fresh garden peas; still in their pod, the time taken to shell the peas as I munched them meant that I assuaged my hunger over some time while taking in only a small amount of calories and all the benefits of fresh vegetables (technically: fruit?)

Kind Regards
        Dave
        Actually I LOVE snap peas...raw. So I can't really argue that one.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwright View Post
          Grapes
          cherries
          banana
          yoghurt
          all healthy and tasty
          Or do the old trick of drinking water an wait 20 mins
          Love fruit, but have to watch how much sugars I'm taking in. I usually eat 2 or so bananas after my workout. Can't stand yogurt, but I like skyr (non-fat, high protein).

As for the water trick, that doesn't net me any calories. If I'm hungry, my body is telling me I need food.

Comment

Nuts are good. I keep a bag of red-skin (unsalted) peanuts in my desk drawer at work and tend to have a couple of handfuls in between meals. They go well with coffee!

High fat but that's not necessarily a bad thing (it's monounsaturated fat), and high protein too. Also much cheaper than other nuts...

Comment

Couple spoonfuls of peanut butter.

Comment

Originally posted by tjwood View Post
                Nuts are good. I keep a bag of red-skin (unsalted) peanuts in my desk drawer at work and tend to have a couple of handfuls in between meals. They go well with coffee!

High fat but that's not necessarily a bad thing (it's monounsaturated fat), and high protein too. Also much cheaper than other nuts...
                I usually have almonds or pistachios somewhere. Ran out at work. Need to refill the stash.

Originally posted by utefaninutah View Post
                Couple spoonfuls of peanut butter.
                Love PB. Just have to watch which PB you get. I'm a fan of the natural kind. Two ingredients: peanuts & salt. Just don't go overboard.

Comment

High protein snacks

When i'm short on time i'll tuck-in to a 185g tin of dolphin-free tuna.
                  It's high in protein and is packed with healthy oils like Omega 3.
                  Other than that it's fruit all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRS90 View Post
                    When i'm short on time i'll tuck-in to a 185g tin of dolphin-free tuna.
                    It's high in protein and is packed with healthy oils like Omega 3.
                    Other than that it's fruit all the way.
                    I like mine with a little extra dolphin in it. I have a backup stash of canned pink salmon and tuna at work. I tried canned chicken, but it smells and tastes awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviation View Post
                      So I need some more variety. I'm curious as to what everyone eats for snacks.

Here's some of my snacks:
                      • Lowfat cottage cheese
                      • Almonds/Walnut/Pistachios
                      • Rice cakes

I know you guys have to have some good snacking foods.
                      Theres tons of good snacks, it really depends what your energy levels are and caloric intake goals are. Everyone has a common fitness goal, build muscle and tone up. But if you ask me what I'm snacking on to maintain protein intake i'd go with any there is also hydrated beef jerkys, ostrich meat jerky, yogurt, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, unsalted almonds, peanuts, walnuts,pistachios, sunflower seeds. It depends yout taste, I eat things people dont find delightful.
                      For energy I go for fruits with high water content like , grapes, oranges, watermelon, starfruit, plums, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries
                      Compact fibers for long lasting energy ;fruit variety, apples, bananas, pears, peaches, pineapple, mango
                      That list can be argued based on water vs compact.
                      Cant forget veggies like baby carrots, celery, etc.
                      Get creative with tostitos and salsa, or popcorn light butter, rice cakes w PB, really its all about your goals, meal timing, availabity, economics status. Eating snacks wont cut it, gotta get some hearty meals and protein shakes

Comment

Originally posted by MrPagan88 View Post
                        Eating snacks wont cut it, gotta get some hearty meals and protein shakes
                        Oh I eat. As my wife put it "when are you NOT eating". I just like to have some snack items around to stave off hunger until the next meal.

Comment

Hickory Smoked Almonds.

Bought a huge bag at bulk barn (canadian i think) for about $20? It's been 3 weeks and I still have half the bag left! And I snack on it every day. Tastes better than salted almonds without the salt!

question - dill pickles? good snack?

Comment

Snakes are good but we should eat healthy diet. Instead of almond snake, we should eat pure almond. For nutrition purpose try to eat food instead of supplements.

Comment

Working...
                            X