Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help about bodybuilding

ok this is my problem )
    i want to start bodybuilding and i am serious about it...i am 194 cm high and 83 kg weigh and i dont think thats enough BTW i am 18 years old...so i need help from some professional which routine should i choose to get some mass and then to get muscle thank you very much
    and i dont care how hard will that routine will be or how much days at week i just need to be good and effective
    Last edited by nino1993; 08-05-2011, 08:14 PM.

Do you have any lifting experience? Not just lifting with buddies but actual lifting experience that you understand good form and technique? Do you have a partner you will be working out with? If not jumping into bodybuilding may not be so good of an idea and something you would work towards. You may wish to join a gym and hire a lifting coach, or see if there are any body building programs going on that you can join to get more knowledge and work with other like minded people.

If you have good knowledge you should be able to find some good programs out there to work on such as Dorian Yates's Blood & Guts Routine. Bill Pearl has many routines for body building. Check out bodybuilding.com as they have routines. Lots out there you just have to look for it and find something you like.

Comment

Originally posted by decu68 View Post
      Do you have any lifting experience? Not just lifting with buddies but actual lifting experience that you understand good form and technique? Do you have a partner you will be working out with? If not jumping into bodybuilding may not be so good of an idea and something you would work towards. You may wish to join a gym and hire a lifting coach, or see if there are any body building programs going on that you can join to get more knowledge and work with other like minded people.

If you have good knowledge you should be able to find some good programs out there to work on such as Dorian Yates's Blood & Guts Routine. Bill Pearl has many routines for body building. Check out bodybuilding.com as they have routines. Lots out there you just have to look for it and find something you like.
      ok thank you i found this site very useful but only one question.....is it true that in gym you have to stay maximum 1 hour. and training must be fast ??

Comment

I really don't think so.

It's not true inthe UK, and I have been to gym's in the US too and there was no such restriction.

Kind Regards
        Dave

Comment

I doubt any gym will make you stay atleast 1 hour, or make you train fast, you can spend half an hour doing 1 bench press then leave of you want

Comment

I have never heard of any time restrictions; I would question any facility that did this and look to another place. And training "fast"; I would only do so if that was my goals. You train to how you want your body to react. If you lift slow you will be slow. You lift explosive then you will be explosive. You train your muscle how you want them to react; this is why there are sport specific strengthening exercises different then body building, power lifting, etc. This probably is not what you are referring to and were probably trying to get across that the facility wants you to train fast but again that is ridiculous. On another note, in 1 hour if you work hard you can get it done easily. I find TOO MANY times people take too long of breaks or waste time talking or looking at themselves. GET IN AND GET OUT.

Comment

*Facepalm

You’re suggesting to a kid who has obviously no clue what he’s doing to start off with a Yates's or Pearl Routine? He's not a professional bodybuilder and doesn't need to lift like one.

There are a billion beginner routines on this site, start there. Try not to listen to retards and good luck.

Comment

* Double Facepalm

Pay no attention to "jghight", he obviously CANNOT READ. Jghight, try reading my post again and read it slowly. Sound out the words, you will eventually understand. Then you can say sorry and keep your snide comments to yourself especially retard comments. Just to make it easy I will copy and paste it below highlighting some areas as you may not be smart enough to scroll up.

Did you read it again? I first try to establish if he had any REAL lifting experience and if not to NOT jump into a body building routine. Even suggested getting a lifting coach or get into a body building programs with knowledgeable people. And only suggested Dorian Yates or Bill Pearls Routines "IF" he did have knowledge.

Now let us also establish how ILL INFORMED you really are. Grab Bill Pearl's book "Getting Stronger" and instead of just looking at the pictures READ it. It actually ESTABLISHES routines for beginners, intermediates, advanced and experts. This is a GREAT place to start for anybody; Bill's a pretty knowledgeable guy and this is a great book.

Now that we have established that you cannot read and you obviously have very limited knowledge in this area, I would suggest perhaps you troll around other forums.

As for billions of beginner routines on this site, while exaggerated, I would suggest not to do so. While I'm sure there are some pretty knowledgeable people on here, there is also many that are not. Many of the routines are horrible and I would sooner DIRECT you to sound and tried and true routines; i.e. Bill Pearl, bodybuilding.com, etc.

** Disclaimer: Again this site has some knowledgeable people on it however a person who has no or limited knowledge should not just pick up a routine that another person with no or limited knowledge created. Unless you know what is GOOD you should stick to routines by people, books, sites, etc. that are effective and work. Established routines are far better than ones submitted by a community of people of what they "think" is good.
                Last edited by decu68; 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

You’re getting a little ahead of yourself here. Did you READ what I wrote?

I simply asked you a question. In which case the answer was, yes you did. I’ll be a little more polite and narrate it for you:
                  You asked your questions and in his response, in which he quoted your entire post, he only said thank you and stated this site has been helpful. Then he followed up with a VERY Noob question that further reinforced the fact that he had NEVER stepped foot in the gym. NEVER did he answer ONE of your questions.

Therefore it’s safe to assume he thinks he knows more than he does and/or to scared to admit it and went directly to bodybuilding.com and searched for the Dorian Yates program you so willfully suggested. You also never stated ANYTHING about a Bill Pearl book. You simply stated he had many routines, which is VERY true. You also had a second chance to clarify your information in which you failed epically. Then continued to spew more b.s. about training speeds which is the second most retarded post in this topic. It was clearly not hitting with this kid but you stated it anyway. Are you aware that posing is a VERY important aspect in bodybuilding? I spend a twenty minutes after every workout to practice it. You are clearly the one with “limited knowledge”.

bodybuilding.com is a joke of a website. Anyone is able to write an article about any topic and its considered research. Many of those people are beginners. In fact it is a concentrated pool of beginners that believe they are in the correct location for the best information. This again goes back to my theory on the deaf leading the blind. The reputable information on that site is very few and far in-between.

As far as trolling this forum goes I take time out of my busy day to offer up suggestions with VERY little if any benefit to myself. You are lucky to have myself and the very few reputable information sources on this forum. I've said it before and I will say it again; If you state B.S. I will call you out on it. I’m doing everyone who reads this forum a favor.
                  Last edited by jghight; 08-24-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Did I read what you wrote; yup, everything from the name calling of retard and your inability to actually read. You made a "statement" and just because you ended it with a question mark doesn't make it a question. As far as this person being a noob, I totally agree. I can only ask the questions I can't make people answer them.

You are correct, I never stated anything about Bill Pear's book HOWEVER I did say state looking for routines from him. Whether that is from this book, many of his other books, his website or what have you; it was a direction for him to look.

Posing, what the heck does that have to do with ANYTHING being discussed? Did he mention posing? Did I miss something? Am I aware of posing for body building; duh, yeh! You'd have to live under a rock not to know this. I've trained with an amateur body builder so am aware of it quite well. Good for you that you take the time to do this; not sure what it has to do with anything but a big pat on the back for you.

For the record, any site will have garbage but it has some good information. I have found their Exercise Guide ([url]http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/[/url]) very useful for different types of exercises with good explanations of technique/form as well as videos and pictures. This is very helpful for many that are not aware of what they can do and who are limiting themselves to the same lifts over and over never challenging their muscles. They also have other good information and knowledgeable people; that you can dismiss that must be because you are all knowing correct? And how is this site any different than there for "a concentration pool of beginners that believe they are in the correct location for the best information"? And that he may have went directly to there for information is no different than looking here for information. He said he found it "useful"; I gave him some direction; what did you give him?

Train speeds, again what? You obviously failed at reading again; no surprise. Body builders and athletes; they all train different to achieve their goals. An athlete is not going to training like a body builder; that would not serve their purpose. They will train their muscles so their muscles react to how they want them to perform; explosively; sport specific. A body builder is not going to train like an athlete they want to train to build their body. Body builders will lift heavier weights and will lift slower. Their muscles will not react the same way as they don't train the same way; and vise versa. Same thing goes for power lifters; they won't train the same way either do and will train how they want their muscles to react. I'm sure with all of your expertise you understand that correct? You do understand fast and slow twitching muscle fibers?

Your time is no more important than my time or anybody else's time so don't do us any favors because I'm not counting myself as a lucky one in any way. That anybody takes the time to come here to help out is admirable but unlike you they are not looking for a pat on the back. You might have been more constructive and more well received if your "statement" and "comments" did not include name calling; that just shows how limited you are.
                    Last edited by decu68; 08-24-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

"I find TOO MANY times people take too long of breaks or waste time talking or looking at themselves. GET IN AND GET OUT."

I have no clue where I got the posing reference. I guess I can't read. My bad.

I could give two s&%ts less weather you feel lucky or not. I'm not doing it for you. I don't need to beat up on noobs to boost my ego, they make mirrors for that. I'm doing my part in combating the bad information that made it harder for me to get where I am today.

“is it true that in gym you have to stay maximum 1 hour. and training must be fast??”

The time it takes to finish your routine, in his example in and out of the gym in an hour, has nothing to do with explosive movements or slow movements. If anything it has more to do with the amount of sets your able to complete regardless of the training type. You’re taking a very basic question and burying him in information that is misguided. I believe it is YOU who can’t comprehend what is being said.

If my “limited” you mean “Knows what the hell he’s talking about” then yes I’m very limited.

Comment

Well I'll side step the disagreements here and simply suggest a couple routines.

Simple Beginner Routine: [URL]http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=2909[/URL] (READ the forum post in the description; it's key) I used this with great results.

Madcow, Starting Strength, and StrongLifts are all available on the net elsewhere. Someone may have created a routine in JEFIT already (you'd have to look around).

The key is that simple IS better for beginners. Don't think you can pickup a pro's routine and get anywhere. Also, everyone is different. Try one of the programs I suggested. After 4 months or so, start to look into progressing and changing it up if you feel the need.

At over 6 foot and 183lbs, I would focus on adding mass BEFORE you think about definition. Need some meat on them bones!

That's my $.02 on the subject.

Comment

Posing and looking at yourself in the mirror are two totally different things, I can make a leap and see how you may have misinterpreted that. As true body builders are a very small percentage of lifters the others saying they are body builder are simply weight lifting. Unless one is training to compete in an amateur or professional event then than I really can't see the reason for posing unless one likes to admire themselves in the mirror to feed their ego. I was more referring to the fools who can't get enough of themselves and if they put in as much effort into looking and admiring themselves in the mirror as they do lifting than they would see even better results.

Beat up on noobs; haven't seen anybody do that. "I'm doing my part in combating the bad information that made it harder for me to get where I am today." ... I couldn't agree more. If I had access to good information back in the 80's perhaps I could have taken full advantage of it and not continually failed. Thankfully I got on better track in the late 90's and even more so in the last years as I am always learning. Weight lifting had so many stereotypes that have been disproved that has changed the whole dynamics. It still has the base it does but the way you train for the how you want to perform has taken leaps and bounds.

As for limited; that is your opinion. Again, you would be better received if you kept comments out like "retard" and stayed to being constructive. You get very little respect unless you are willing to give it to. Your goals here are no different than anybody elses please don't think you are more special or you are doing anybody a favor. If you think you know it all then I would call BS. In the years I have been doing this I have had to change my way of thinking from the beginning to now and I'm always looking to continue learning.

My apology to anybody reading this especially the original poster for getting off track.

Deviation is CORRECT for beginning lifters to keep things simple. Beginner lifters also need to ensure to pay close attention to technique/good form when starting to lift to eliminate costly mistakes; they need to set a good template now so that they can continue to lift for life. Again I would suggested seeking a lifting coach or group. Also I would suggest recording everything you do and continue this. I failed for years and years and it wasn't until I took things serious in the late 90's that I found this extremely instrumental. Record everything from your lifts to how you were feeling. Record if working through an injury. I would even suggest rating your workout (i.e. A = worked out extremely hard, B = worked out hard; could have gave that little extra, C = Went through the motions but not a huge effort). All this stuff you can look back later to see what worked and why; and what didn't work so as not to repeat. This APP is a great way to start doing this.
                          Last edited by decu68; 08-25-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by decu68 View Post
                            Posing and looking at yourself in the mirror are two totally different things, I can make a leap and see how you may have misinterpreted that. As true body builders are a very small percentage of lifters the others saying they are body builder are simply weight lifting. Unless one is training to compete in an amateur or professional event then than I really can't see the reason for posing unless one likes to admire themselves in the mirror to feed their ego. I was more referring to the fools who can't get enough of themselves and if they put in as much effort into looking and admiring themselves in the mirror as they do lifting than they would see even better results.
                            GUILTY! I'm always looking at myself in the mirror. Not to feed my ego, but to find things I need to work on. But I get your point. Same goes with socializing at the gym. Train or get out.

Record everything from your lifts to how you were feeling. Record if working through an injury. I would even suggest rating your workout (i.e. A = worked out extremely hard, B = worked out hard; could have gave that little extra, C = Went through the motions but not a huge effort). All this stuff you can look back later to see what worked and why; and what didn't work so as not to repeat.
                            Couldn't agree more. To add to it, a public log is good way to help stay on track and get feedback as well.

Comment

Mirrors are a must, how else are you going to ensure you are lifting correctly. Not always do we have other people around to help out but knowing good form and technique and using a mirror, one can identify these problems to improve themselves and get back on track. Hey, we are all guilty of looking in the mirror and admiring ourselves, that is one of the reasons I lift, to look good. However, and you've seen these guys, they are in the mirrors all of the time while lifting and when not lifting thinking they are the bomb; what a waste.

I started being serious about lifting back in 1997 and have tracked all of my progress since then. I even track the amount of days I've been lifting with today being 2079 days. If I got off of a cold or being sick I write that down. If it was extremely hot/cold I write that down. If I was tired prior to lifting I write that down. If I am working through an injury I write that down. If I have aches or pains I write that down. If something isn't working I write that down (so I can make changes next time). EVERYTHING is useful information so that I can review and know why something may not have worked or why something worked. Much information is used to revamp exercises or whole routines. And some is even motivational such as the number of days working out because after that long why would I want to quit. Plus by pre-scheduling my workouts it is a commitment to do so as I "hate" not working out and then having to cross off the day in my log book. And yes, I also grade myself; not all of the time but periodically. Hate coming back and seeing a "C" or a "B" which motivates me to work harder.

I did a public log for a while on another site; me and another moderator as well as some others. It went well for a while but soon it petered out. Was hard keeping track in my log book than to also do on the website. Also in doing so I had to let go of some ego as some lifts weren't as great as some others but we each need to work out for one person; ourselves and not worry about what others can lift. Sure I'd like to lift like some people but now in my 40's that is not the case but it is sure nice to try to work for especially try to at least get to lifting stats from my late 20's and 30's. A work in progress.
                              Last edited by decu68; 08-26-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X