What to Eat Before a Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Eat Before a Workout

What I need to eat before working out. Can anyone suggest?

Carbs for energy and protein to have amino acids in your bloodstream when you need them. Stay away from fat - it does not digest fast enough to give you energy. My pre-workout meal these days consist of oatmeal, yogurt, and whey protein shake, plus a few pieces of dried fruit.

Comment

What time do you work out?

Morning? or Afternoon?

it would depend on what you eat, to be honest i work out in mornings 4am and i dont eat anything before it how ever my 2nd last meal of the day is a high in protein/fats and is probobly my highest carbed meal of the day

how ever right after it i have a massive breakfast so lots of egg's bacon and cheese

but i dont know what is304 is on about considering my diet is high fat high protien and low carb diet and i have no issues with the fats curretnly only sitting at 14% BF though and have more then enough energy for a 4AM 1.5 hour workout

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca_Daw View Post
        What I need to eat before working out. Can anyone suggest?

Oatmeal with Whey Protein Mixed In (great if you have a sensitive stomach)
        2 Whole Eggs, 2 Egg Whites, Peppers, Onions, Low fat Cheese, Grapefruit/Oatmeal

Comment

If it is a morning workout, I suggest you eat a medium banana with 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt. Wait about 30 minutes and then hit the gym. Your body will need the carbohydrates and protein.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Carbs and protein with a touch of sugar. My pre-workout snack is my treat of peanut butter for the day. I only get it right before going to the gym. One thinly sliced wheat toast, 1 tb peanut butter and 8 g of reduced sugar dried cranberries and of course my PW drink of a just-under-level scoop of Complete Nutrition Amino Uptake mixed with a just-under-level scoop of MuscleSport Neurovol Revolution. If your workout is under 30 minutes then you probably don't need a snack unless you are several hours since last meal.

If I decide to really go all out for the peanut butter treat I get myself some Buff Bake Birthday cake or Snickerdoodle. mmmm It's just so bloody expensive.

Comment

I don't eat anything

I take a glass of Goji Berry Juice right before workout. I refrain from eating anything for I have heard that we must take a 5 hours gap between meals and exercise.

Comment

Two hours before the training, you can eat hard-boiled eggs, or chicken fillet with a salad, or eat a banana

Comment

Or you can have a bite of cottage cheese

Comment

before workout u should avoid heavy meal, use protein diet and take gap 2-3 hours before workout.

Comment

Eat before you work

It will all depend on the time that you are doing your work out if it's in morning then the food will be different than if it's in afternoon or evening.
                        But if you ask in general that what should you eat before you go to work out then the simple answer is two glass of plain water with lime.
                        If you are exercising in morning then I will suggest you do exercise empty stomach and have a very heavy breakfast after that.
                        If it's in evening then have corn flex with milk, oats with milk or barley with milk.
                        If its n afternoon then doesn't directly head into exercising straight after your lunch.

Still, if you need to know some more health facts and effects fell free to check this article-
                        [URL="https://blog.100mph.in/2017/03/01/6-essentials-for-a-healthy-lifestyle/"]THER BEST DIET PALN[/URL]
                        Last edited by souravbanerjee; 06-27-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Protein shakes - any time, all the time

There are tons of reasons why I prefer protein shakes to carbs, and perhaps one of the best reasons, if you ask me, is they give more energy than carbs do.

Comment

Nothing much

You should eat something that contains Carbohydrate. That's good for energy. Eggs could be a friend here. And remember, it's not wise to start your workout when your belly is full

Comment

It doesn

Comment

Working...
                              X