PDA

View Full Version : HMB does it really help?

irkie500
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
I saw some HMB products while on vitamin shoppee and was just curious if anyone had tried them at all. From what I have read so far it seems it helps to prevent muscle breakdown as well as promotion of lean mass. I am NOT expecting this to be a miracle product, just curious if it would be beneficial to take.

mrwright
12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Been wondering that myself, from what they say it's basically steroids without the bad parts

From the product i've been looking at ..

"HMB has been used, proven and tested by some off the highest level competing athletes out there. It is so powerful that just one serving triggers muscle anabolism (growth) on its own.

It has been proven to increase muscle mass at the same rate as anabolic steroids, without the obvious dangers. HMB will lead to permanent gains in high-quality, dense muscle growth without any unwanted side effects such as water retention, bloating and receptor downgrade."

To me that all just sounds too good to be true otherwise surely it would be more widely known and used?!

Deviation
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Why waste the money on that? Just take your EAA's and you'll be covered (think Leucine here).

druski
12-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Why waste the money on that? Just take your EAA's and you'll be covered (think Leucine here).

My thoughts exactly. Rep'd

irkie500
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I do take ON BCAA powder before bed to get all the amino's, however from some studies I have read it seemed like a worthwhile supp to at least try. If its BS I wont buy it again, if it helps me towards my goals then great.

Deviation
12-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Give it a try if you like, but I don't think you'll see any difference (aside from a lighter wallet). The BCAA powder is great, but don't limit it to just bedtime.

irkie500
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
With the BCAA powder I made the mistake of getting unflavored with the intention of mixing it with my Creatine lemon lime and some Gatorade, bad idea...that powder tastes terrible. With that said its hard to get down sometimes so I usually just throw it in a chocolate protein shake before bed. It sucks they dont make it in lemon lime as well because then I would have a great intra workout drink. ON CGT-10 with BCAA 5000 powder.

Deviation
12-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah I imagine it tastes awful. You can always try http://www.scivation.com/XTEND.asp It comes in Lemon-Lime. No caffeine either.