PDA

View Full Version : ZMA & related supps. FACT OR FICTION?

dirtyv3gas
01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
hello JEfit community!!!
Been researching ZMA supplements and related Test./recovery boosters. I found that ZMA is "all natural" containing only Zinc, Magnesium, and vitamin B6.....Its told that supplementing this product is supposed to support REM sleep (deep sleep that directly aids in the repair of micro-torn muscle tissue (recovery) as well as stimulate LH (lutinizing Hormone) which brings natural free flowing Testosterone to optimal levels. Its recommended for men over 25 years as younger men already have higher natural test. There are minor side effects, as I have read, but only very minor ones, such as sleeplessness, body acne and sometimes nausea/dizziness.

On the other hand, I have read that all the above statements are completely false, and that science really doesnt have an explaination for why this supp workds, how it works!!! Like so many other supps. out there, everything is contradictory

So my question is: is this true?? is there side effects?

Would love to hear from anyone who has actually tried this supp. out......all feedback is appreciated.

-frequency of use?, any effects on YOU both positive and negative?

thanks again in advance for all feedback!!! and if you have any questions to ask me feel free to do so and i will try to answer at the best of my ability!

Cheers!!!

Tunez86
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Truth is that not one test booster by itself is the best. Everything has its up and downs and some still need to be clinically proven to work raising test levels. It is very hard sometimes to find an unsponsered website that won't BS you to get and buy their product. I haven't tried ZMA because I'm currently taking Torabolic by Met-Rx and it seems to work for me. Most supplements are trial and error to see what works well with your particular body type. Just be careful and look for deals on the product you want to try out unless you want to waste a bunch of money on something that doesn't work.

http://dasparticacid.org/best-test-booster/

theres a little more research for you

dirtyv3gas
01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks tunez86, appreciate the feedback......cheers!

dirtyv3gas
02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone and anyone,

For those trying out ZMA supps. feel free to leave feedback on your experience. Whether, you have already tried or just beginning.....I habe purchased a 2month supply for relatively cheap @ Hercs nutrtion....22$ & change....its Muscle Pharm ZMA max....I leave feed back on my experience with this product once I inc. it into my diet plan........:p

blund
04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I was on zma about 6 years ago. You pop a couple just before bed. I saw about much of an improvement as you would expect from taking a multi vitamin...practically nothing. Save your money and put it towards protein and creatine.