PDA

View Full Version : What is your current supplement stack?

brianhamner
08-27-2013, 03:58 PM
ON Hydrobuilder.Hydrobuilder has creatine, BCAA, and protein and it tastes even better than the regular ON Protein and it mixes good like all their stuff. Wish it was a little cheaper though. Also throw in some Multi's and Niacin for circulation and vitamin d and garlic pills which are proven to naturally boost test. I hate NO because the caffeine makes me shaky and overheat.

richw76
08-27-2013, 04:43 PM
My only supplement is raw meat, and aggression. ;)

sharkanana
08-27-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm doing intermittant fasting with my workout at lunchtime, and take Purple Wraath beforehand for BCAAs.

I use ON Protein in oatmeal, yogurt or shakes for various meals and snacks.

I take Carlson's fish oil twice daily, and a multi-vitamin.

Used to take creatine, but I prefer to be 5 pounds lighter and not deal with cramping.

ryanchik
08-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine

mrwright
08-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Its things like this that make me wish i was american! So much cheaper and so much more choice

For me its matrix anabolic protein - 15kg (33lbs) for £126 quid (about $200) and deluxe nutrition creatine a birthday present off my brother

Post workout is a simple protein bar About £19 for a box of 24

zan56
08-29-2013, 03:46 AM
For Protein I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey 75348

For my Pre-workout I use BSN NO Xplode
This stuff is great for my lifting days. I lift more and I don't get tired as easily.

For Days when I need to Run long distances and meet and beat my Cardio goals I use Xtend. It taste like Gatorade but this stuff is weriod. I mean Its not an energy drink. It supposdly maintains your energy levels and increases performance. I don't really know how to describe. All i know is that it works for my runs.

mrwright
08-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Haha it depends on where you are getting your supplements from because for 10lbs of protein it costs between 70 - 100$ for isolate blends/etc..... or even just basic 10lb protein blends.

$200 for 33lbs is a great deal in my opinion, can't beat that at all.

Doesn't sound like a bad stack at all and at least you are getting a good mix of protein and creatine to help you with your routine.

At times all you really need are the basics.

Yea theres been times ive over complicated things with tribbulus creatine protein weight gainer fish oil glutamine and god knows what else

My protein is pretty cheap 2lbs of ON premium whey is the same price as my 30lbs

jstraughn
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I used to use NO Xplode when I first started lifting (when I was 18) and absolutely loved! (Well the original blend haha). I mean don't get me wrong I love NO Xplode but something changed for me in 2.0 but still give it a shot every once in a while.

Man I would purchase Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard but the bottles are WAAAAY to expensive for me at this point but they have some great supplements and protein powders.

I never got to try Xtend and always wanted to. The only "Intra" workout I have ever tried was Size On Pre-Contest by Gaspari and I loved that product but always wanted to try Xtend. Have you ever tried it with your weight lifting days? Does it give you an extra boost of energy or help you recover faster (since it is a BCAA product and apparently helps you recover faster).

I gave Xtend a pretty good shot and did not get any bang for the buck IMHO. It does have BCAA, but if you're taking a post workout protein hit, a lot of the powders do have BCAAs now. I didn't have any extra boost in energy. Of course since I've been using Jack3d pre, I'm not sure I'd want an extra boost anyhow...hahaha. Long story short, Xtend didn't do anything for me other than flavor my water but your mileage may vary.