PDA

View Full Version : banned substances?

burghaus1
08-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I am a british soldier and i am regularly tested for banned substances. Whilst this doesnt bother me in the slightest as i stear clear of gear. It would be usefull to have a list of clean supps to take? For instance jack3d is banned i know but what are the ingredients i need to look out for on the bottle? A full a comprehensive list would be the dogs bollocks and will help me make a correct choice in the future, and would help me disseminate that info to my lads so they can find the best supplements on the market and not get stung.

Tom

"Train on! Train hard!"

jstraughn
08-29-2013, 03:33 PM
wow. I'm surprised jack3d is banned. That's hardcore on restrictions. Sorry bro. Things have changed a lot since I served I in the early 90s guess. Never got tested for anything.

Good luck. Maybe your company commander can steer you in the right direction? Just winging suggestions here.

Jon

jstraughn
08-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Found this tidbit too:
http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/opss/operation-supplement-safety-OPSS/opss-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-1/is-there-an-all-encompassing-list-of-dietary-supplements-that-are-banned-or-illegal-for-use-by-military-personnel

jstraughn
08-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Interesting too that the new Jack3d (advanced or micro) doesn't have DMAA. I have an older jar that still does. I wonder how the lack of it will affect the new Jack3d?

burghaus1
08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Cheers for the links i will get round to viewing them asap. Theres a zero tolerance order on all types of drug one positive result and you are discharged- i heard jacked was a weak form of amphetamine and from what ive heard about it theres gotta be a little bit of truth in there somewhere!

Tom

"Train on! Train hard!"

dusty7969
10-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Hmmmm im sure they added another ingredient into it which helps with focus/mental drive since there is no 1 - 3 DMAA in it, probably more caffeine or another ingredient

I have still heard good reviews about it none the less.

Better for a company to save face rather than go under because of an ingredient that was mishandled/misused.

There used to be DMAA in it. They removed it when the Feds started going after it. Most other supplement companies did as well. Craze is the only one that still has DMAA as far as I know and that may have already changed.

tiger1983
10-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Just come across this thread, although I can't help on banned substances, I thought I'd give my input on jacked 3d. I knee it had been banned or atleast restricted in the UK but while at the gym yeaterday, a bloke I know from the local supplement shop was in there, we alwways push each other on in the gym but he asked if I use pre workouts, which I dont other than plenty of coffee before heading to the gym, he swears by them for the extra energy boosts and focus and gave me a 2 scoop sample of jacked 3d (wouldn't usually take samples off anyone but I know the bloke well enough to know he's not on any form of gear etc) When I asked him about it as I knew there was a ban he told me that that had banned the one containing the 1-3 DMAA and replaced it with a higher content of caffeine and creatine to make it safer. I still came home to look into it abit more as I always look onto any supplement that I haven't tried but its still sat on a container for my next workout, only warning my mate gave me was to only take 1 scoop worth as he knows I've been having tests for heart problems even though for some reason I don't seem to get affected while on the gym.

dusty7969
10-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Hmmmm im sure they added another ingredient into it which helps with focus/mental drive since there is no 1 - 3 DMAA in it, probably more caffeine or another ingredient

I have still heard good reviews about it none the less.

Better for a company to save face rather than go under because of an ingredient that was mishandled/misused.

Just come across this thread, although I can't help on banned substances, I thought I'd give my input on jacked 3d. I knee it had been banned or atleast restricted in the UK but while at the gym yeaterday, a bloke I know from the local supplement shop was in there, we alwways push each other on in the gym but he asked if I use pre workouts, which I dont other than plenty of coffee before heading to the gym, he swears by them for the extra energy boosts and focus and gave me a 2 scoop sample of jacked 3d (wouldn't usually take samples off anyone but I know the bloke well enough to know he's not on any form of gear etc) When I asked him about it as I knew there was a ban he told me that that had banned the one containing the 1-3 DMAA and replaced it with a higher content of caffeine and creatine to make it safer. I still came home to look into it abit more as I always look onto any supplement that I haven't tried but its still sat on a container for my next workout, only warning my mate gave me was to only take 1 scoop worth as he knows I've been having tests for heart problems even though for some reason I don't seem to get affected while on the gym.

If you want to use a pre-workout but are concerned about the potency, I'd suggest cellucor C4. I've tried most of them and I think this is pretty mild. I'd also think about Muscle Pharm Assault. Same thing, it's a nice mild buzz. I'd stay away from D-Stunner. I haven't used Jack3d since before they got rid of the DMAA. I think that stuff was a heart attack in a bottle.