PDA

View Full Version : p90x?

Darnie
09-04-2013, 12:49 PM
im going to be doing a cutting stage soon using p90x i was wondering what you all reccomend as far as a pre/post and protein when doing this? im currently taking c4-pre and kre-alyaline creatine. and using muscle milk for protein?

jturner33
09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you have the supplements you need already. Add in a muliti-vitamin though I like the new opti-men multi's and there currently the best selling vitamins on bodybuilding.com

Darnie
09-15-2013, 11:26 AM
ok cool, ill have to look into a good protein. im looking at this so far

1- opti men multi vitimans
2- pre- amino energy
3- during- size on
4- protein.......

rickdennis
10-01-2013, 09:36 PM
im going to be doing a cutting stage soon using p90x i was wondering what you all reccomend as far as a pre/post and protein when doing this? im currently taking c4-pre and kre-alyaline creatine. and using muscle milk for protein?

wow.... P90x + muscle milk - if that isn't textbook internet nomeclature i don't know what is!

I am still wondering if P90x can even translocate tGLUT receptors. A few heavy sets in the gym is all you need. Heavy lifting on a cut is optimal.

dusty7969
10-06-2013, 03:12 PM

As a side note, C4 has creatine included in their formula. I didn't know that for a while, so I thought I'd mention it.

algreen70
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Too many people get caught up on what protein is right for bulking vs. cutting vs. recomp.

Protein isn't for any of that. It's main purpose is to rebuild muscle. In order to do that efficiently you do need the right kind in terms of how quickly it is released into the body.

When you wake up and post workout you want to have whey, preferably, whey isolate. It's the fastest acting. Before bed you want casein.

Feel free to take a look at my blog for more info http://coachalgreen.com

I'm an ISSA personal trainer and team beachbody coach. If you have any questions just let me know

rickdennis
10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Too many people get caught up on what protein is right for bulking vs. cutting vs. recomp.

Protein isn't for any of that. It's main purpose is to rebuild muscle. In order to do that efficiently you do need the right kind in terms of how quickly it is released into the body.

When you wake up and post workout you want to have whey, preferably, whey isolate. It's the fastest acting. Before bed you want casein.

Feel free to take a look at my blog for more info http://coachalgreen.com

I'm an ISSA personal trainer and team beachbody coach. If you have any questions just let me know

how is whey isolate faster acting than hydrosylate, or even casein hydrosylates?

That's like saying waxy maize or dextrose is absorbed faster than Branch cyclic-dextrin / Cluster dextrin. Also as a trainer you should know that not everyone's needs are the same, so saying protein right when u wake up isn't always optimal for everyone. Unless there is some hidden science i missed. Thoughts?