PDA

View Full Version : Natural Testosterone Booster ?

jdavid25
05-23-2014, 07:28 PM
I have been taking the natural test o booster from niwali and so far works pretty good to boost my energy/sexual Performance/ self active, I do know there is a lot of people with much experience and would like to have your opinion. what do you guys think about natural testosterone boosters ?

phil_goodman
05-23-2014, 09:30 PM
The only ones that work are derived from the actual molecule -- either substituted derivatives like Dianabol, or esters like testosterone cypionate. In other words, controlled anabolic steroids. Nothing else has demonstrated efficacy with statistical significance.

cferre88_1
05-27-2014, 05:46 PM
there are some natural t-boosters in the market that you might have heard of such as Tribilus.
there are actually clinical studies that support natural test boosters as being the best alternative to prohormones and also "risk free" way to increase the testosterone levels.
I have tried a couple of t-boosters in the past and I can tell you that if you're planing to get into one try to find one that has a good formula, many ingredients that could increase testosterone (Gingseng, Tongkat Ali, Tribulus Terrestris, etc)

is304
05-27-2014, 06:56 PM
I have tried a couple of t-boosters in the past and I can tell you that if you're planing to get into one try to find one that has a good formula, many ingredients that could increase testosterone (Gingseng, Tongkat Ali, Tribulus Terrestris, etc)

The list above is pretty good. I'd also recommend fenugreek.

phil_goodman
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
"there are some natural t-boosters in the market that you might have heard of such as Tribilus."

Citations? I haven't come across anything genuinely scientific (and I am a journal-published scientist) in support of Tribilus terrestris.

cferre88_1
05-28-2014, 06:06 PM
"there are some natural t-boosters in the market that you might have heard of such as Tribilus."

Citations? I haven't come across anything genuinely scientific (and I am a journal-published scientist) in support of Tribilus terrestris.

Not sure if this is "scientific" enough for you (not a published scientist) ;)

Antonio J et al. "The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males". International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. 10.2 (2000):208-15.

Bourke CA. "A novel nigrostriatal dopaminergic disorder in sheep affected by Tribulus terrestris staggers". Research in Veterinary Science. 43.3 (1987):347-50.

Gauthaman K et al. "Sexual effects of puncturevine (Tribulus terrestris) extract (protodioscin): an evaluation using a rat model". Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 9.2 (2003):237-65.

Gauthaman K et al. "Aphrodisiac properties of Tribulus Terrestris extract (Protodioscin) in normal and castrated rats". Life Sciences. 71.12 (2002):1385-96.

Jameel JK et al. Gynaecomastia and the plant product "Tribulis terrestris". Breast. 13.5 (2004):428-30.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23. Links Neychev VK and Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 101.1-3 (2005):319-23.

Phillips OA et al. "Antihypertensive and vasodilator effects of methanolic and aqueous extracts of Tribulus terrestris in rats". Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 104.3 (2006):351-5.

best,

phil_goodman
05-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks, I'll go have a read.

phil_goodman
05-28-2014, 09:51 PM
cferre88_1:

From the abstract of your first citation (Antonio J et al): "Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained [human] males." Nothing about serum testosterone levels. Bourke's study addresses "the pathogenesis of a unique locomotory disorder of sheep". Gauthman measured "various parameters namely mount and intromission frequencies (MF and IF, respectively), mount, intromission and ejaculation latencies (ML, IL, and EL, respectively) as well as postejaculatory interval (PEI) were recorded" in rats. Not human serum testosterone levels. Jameel reported gynaecomastia in a single human subject. And Neychev actually reports that "there was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone [in human males]"

Nothing there to prompt me to retract my original contention: I haven't seen anything significant in the scientific literature.

You did read your own citations, didn't you?

Best,

jdavid25
05-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Excellent guys thanks for the tips! do you guys know if any of this ingredients will come up in my anti doping test?
( Oat straw, avena sativa- Long jack Root, Eurycome longifolia, Mucuna seed, Diindolylmethane, Nettle leaf, Tribulus terrestris, ashwagandha root, Black pepper and Bioperine) these are the ingredients for the testosterone booster I'm taking.

cferre88_1
05-31-2014, 05:25 PM
Excellent guys thanks for the tips! do you guys know if any of this ingredients will come up in my anti doping test?
( Oat straw, avena sativa- Long jack Root, Eurycome longifolia, Mucuna seed, Diindolylmethane, Nettle leaf, Tribulus terrestris, ashwagandha root, Black pepper and Bioperine) these are the ingredients for the testosterone booster I'm taking.

I have some friends in the military and they have used test boosters in the past and I haven't heard that they had any issues with that, although I'm not a 100% about every single one of the ingredients but I believe they will not come up. :cool:

cferre88_1
05-31-2014, 05:31 PM
cferre88_1:

From the abstract of your first citation (Antonio J et al): "Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained [human] males." Nothing about serum testosterone levels. Bourke's study addresses "the pathogenesis of a unique locomotory disorder of sheep". Gauthman measured "various parameters namely mount and intromission frequencies (MF and IF, respectively), mount, intromission and ejaculation latencies (ML, IL, and EL, respectively) as well as postejaculatory interval (PEI) were recorded" in rats. Not human serum testosterone levels. Jameel reported gynaecomastia in a single human subject. And Neychev actually reports that "there was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone [in human males]"

Nothing there to prompt me to retract my original contention: I haven't seen anything significant in the scientific literature.

You did read your own citations, didn't you?

Best,

I know Tribulus may not be very efficient increasing testosterone levels, but there are many other ingredients that are more backed up with clinical studies and stuff that prove testosterone increment.
the idea here is not to argue about it but to help are fellow "jefitter"

best!