Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Results Charts Help - I don't want to see my 1 rep max. I want to see what I did..

When I click on the chart icon for my Smith Machine bench press log in the website, it displays a chart with my 1 rep max. I really don't care about that. I want to see what I actually lifted and evaluate my progress. Is there a way to have it stop showing 1 rep max?

Thanks in advance....

Progression Tracking Rather Than 1RM Tracking

Is there a way to track weekly progression rather than 1 rep max? For instance, I have been doing leg press's for two months. Started at 180lbs and now at 240. When I track that exercise, it only plots the increase in 1 RM. Is there a way to plot the week to week improvement by the actual weight increases?

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    I don't believe there is.

The 1RM is trying to give you a common denominator (coefficient) so that you can compare your results. With weights and repetitions changing, the 1RM is one of the better ways to track if you are actually progressing. Who is lifting more, 180 lbs x 15 reps OR 240 lbs x 3 reps? The are approximately lifting the same however at a quick glance one would think the person lifting 240 lbs can lift more and that is not the case.

Well the volume chart shows you another measure. If you do 3 sets, one day you manage 10 reps, 8 reps and 7 reps at weight W and the next time you get 10 reps, 10 reps and 9 reps at the same weight, you've clearly improved even if your 1RM hasn't changed. The volume chart will show this.

But it's still imperfect, as switching weights in from one day to the next might give you an increased 1RM but a decreased volume for instance.

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    But it's still imperfect, as switching weights in from one day to the next might give you an increased 1RM but a decreased volume for instance.
    I have found something similar. In lifting when I have found things too easy and have met my requirements for my top repetition, on the next day lifting I will increase the volume however more times than not the reps will go down. When I look at the 1RM I will show a decrease. I could remain at the same weight and perhaps increase my reps but in the long run that would do me know good and moving up in weights and than trying to increase the repetitions to meet that top requirement again will show me more success in the future. Minor but it is what it is; nothing is perfect and the 1RM is just for a guideline.

Still No Answer to This Question

People have been asking this question over and over again for a long time and Robert still hasn't answered. Again, how can we get it to track actuals instead of 1 rep max?

Come on man? Help us out here.....

It's been asked a few times before. I'm not sure where they stand on additional graphs. I'll ping Rob and see what he says.

Bumble Z, I merged your other thread into this one.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

Thank you for looking at this issue. I would like to volunteer to be a beta tester for the Android Pro app when the time comes.....

I'm new (Android) and what I'd like to see is volume tracking if it has it (based on total weight/time). Right now looking at my phone under "stats" it's showing "Benchmark Exercises" and I'd like to be able to track the volume on any of my exercises (maybe I need to configure that on the web site side?)

Assuming one entered in the rest periods correctly weight/time is easy to calculate: (total weight lifted / total time), where total weight lifted is reps*weight summed for each set.

Still hasn't changed years later, unless I'm missing something.