Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where im at now

Where im at now

I never got round to taking photos before, and i only have one photo of me now because i hate taking these photos of myself if im honest
    I still refuse to use any supplements, but im getting more gains than some of my freinds who go to the gym with me.. which annoys them to no end currently i weigh around 143 pounds
    Ive been doing quite a bit on the bench press, almost at 100kg now (last time i tried i managed 95kg for two reps, that was the max weight at my school's gym ) and ive been doing squats, deadlifts, pull-ups and so on... But most importantly i have managed to keep up my running while im gaining muscle, which is supposedly very difficult

Bear in mind im still 15, i think it is going well and im being careful with not going too far, every day i have at least one person telling me i am too young to be doing a workout seriously, but i enjoy it too much to stop
    if only i had a tan to go with it.. anyway i thought i would post it here to see what you guys think, and because i havent been here in quite a while now
    Last edited by 50cal; 05-08-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Edited to disply photo

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    15 my ass! haha

looking good man, ignore what everyone else says, if you want to do it and you can do it, then do it!

btw, some dodgy hand placement on the pic haha
    E N G L A N D!

yeah im 15, most people seem suprised at that.. but i have been doing a good workout for a while now, and i change my routine quite often to keep it effective
    and the hand.. yeah.. sorry about that, i just automatically do that i guess

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    Keep up the good work. I tried weight lifting at a younger age but failed. Even failed as a young adult. Took me till I was 29 to seriously pick it up and after 14 years have never looked back. You sir are a head of the game.

I still refuse to use any supplements, but im getting more gains than some of my freinds who go to the gym with me.. which annoys them to no end
    I couldn't agree more. The majority of the supplements out there are bogus. That leaves a very small amount that are useful with the majority of them accessible through eating the proper foods. Supplements are just a convenience in the majority of cases. Too many people get immediately on board with supplements when they first start lifting and credit their gains to them, which is the farthest from the truth. Unfortunately since they bought into all of the hype now they are afraid to get off the supplements thinking they will lose it all so remain an advocate of purchasing supplements and always looking for the next big thing to get them to the next level. Continue to work without them and perhaps in the future when you hit a road block you cannot get over, than perhaps look at some; but keep them realistic and don't buy into all of the bogus hype.

And for working out and changing things up; that is always good when you are not seeing any gains. Always keep your body guessing. Just don't get too rambunctious as if you are still making gains with a routine, stick with it till things slow down and then change up.

Again, good for you and keep up the good work.

Good work man. And your age is prime time to get lifting. Keep up the work and ignore the haters. That's just jealousy. Oh and forget the tan. That ish will kill you later (serious). Skin cancer is no joke.

<-pale-ass-ginger
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

thanks guys i keep telling my freinds that all their supplements are a load of crap, but they dont listen to me.. then they ask me why they arent getting the same kind of gains i am my legs are pretty good at the moment as well, maybe better than everything else but i dont really know how i would put a picture of them here.. for now i want to focus on my triceps, forearms and chest for a bit. My back and triceps, and my abs are all good, as with my upper and lower legs.. i just think that a bit of a bigger chest could be useful

Quote Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
    I never got round to taking photos before, and i only have one photo of me now because i hate taking these photos of myself if im honest
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/sV2BQ.jpg[/url]
    I still refuse to use any supplements, but im getting more gains than some of my freinds who go to the gym with me.. which annoys them to no end currently i weigh around 143 pounds
    Ive been doing quite a bit on the bench press, almost at 100kg now (last time i tried i managed 95kg for two reps, that was the max weight at my school's gym ) and ive been doing squats, deadlifts, pull-ups and so on... But most importantly i have managed to keep up my running while im gaining muscle, which is supposedly very difficult

Bear in mind im still 15, i think it is going well and im being careful with not going too far, every day i have at least one person telling me i am too young to be doing a workout seriously, but i enjoy it too much to stop
    if only i had a tan to go with it.. anyway i thought i would post it here to see what you guys think, and because i havent been here in quite a while now
    Definitely can tell you've been concentrating on benching. You have to do what works for you. Some people have good genetics and don't need the supplements. Personally, I do not use any supplements besides whey protein, which I only take one scoop after lifting (minimal amount). In my opinion, 15 is not to young to be lifting. So keep doing what you're doing and you'll be in good shape bud.

Update:
    i made a point of moving my hand in this one :P but i have been working on my abs a bit more recently, lots of leg raises and stuff like that, seems to have worked though

Also, the lighting is different here, i havent got a tan or anything still.. still working on the chest and stuff but i wanted to see where i could get with ab exersizes and it seems good, that said i have been eating more recently to allow myself to gain some more muscle, so that might have helped too :P
    Last edited by 50cal; 05-08-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Edited to dispay photo

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    in terms of the chest when doing dumbbell bench press twist at the top and squeeze your chest together to help develop the inner chest abit more ..... (i'm not sure if this actually works, just been told it by a fella in ' gym)
    E N G L A N D!

What's happened to the photos?

I edited your posts earlier to display the photos rather than linking to them, because I thought that would help the thread along but also for web-security reasons (there is no way for JEFIT to control whether external links have viruses associated with them, whereas keeping the images "in-house" makes them - theoretically - more secure).

The images were working fine when I left them, but now they seem to have vanished. Does anybody know why? Or can other people still see them? Feeling a bit guilty that I changed things now... (I thought I was helping...)

Kind Regards
    Dave