Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Day 4

My daily calorie intake is 2400 I am dropping it to 2200 as I had a measure last night and my waist was 39 inches, I know its only day 4 and early days but I have not been doing cardio on my non lifting days so I feel like I have not earned those extra 200 calories and have to give them back.

Its 9.50am my energy levels feel fine and I am ready for the day.

Update it's nearly lunch. I had some unsalted blanched peanuts at 11am and I fell fine energy wise oh yeah and a cup of team with soya milk

Lunch will consist of scramble eggs (so easy to microwave) and some beef
    Last edited by Jasonhannen; 04-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonhannen View Post
    I dont think they serve good coffee at Little Chef, also the cardboard cup didn't help with the taste.
    There's your problem right there!!! Going to Little Chef!!!

Kind Regards
    Dave

Banned
    BMR Bollocks

Just checked my calculations and my BMR is 1900 but I am really unsure of my activity levels, I have put my activity level at 1.5 but perhaps that's where I have always gone wrong and not seen bodyfat loss.

My daily calorie goal was set to 2400, I changed it it to 2200 and after this afternoons calculations I have decided to change it again to 2000 allowing myself a bonus 200 calories on gym days.

It shouldn't be too hard to stay at 2000 calories per day as I was having to find food to hit 2400 per day.

KEY NOTE -
    When it comes to sugary things Im like a little fat pig who cannot get enough, yeah you know the type - someone who will pause halfway through a film to go to the shops and get a chocolate fix. My wife usually goes to the vupboard and whines "you ****er you ate all the biscuits and didnt save me one"

It's day four of Keto and that little sugar monster inside isn't anywhere to be seen. The lunchtime snack van pulls up and I am not even debating in my head whether I should get a kit kat.

Is this Keto or is this because I am feeling disciplined and have a structured approach?
    Last edited by Jasonhannen; 04-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Who are you? And what have you done with the real Jason?

Kind Regards
    Dave

Sugar is like a drug. It makes you feel great eating it. Coming off it, you get those cravings. But once you eliminate it, you'll feel better.

Excuse me while I eat my M&M's.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

Banned
    Day 5

Today is a workout day as usual I train around 6am before work. I had a good workout and on my last exercise - Decline Bench Press I set a new personal best by pushing out 5x 80kg on my last set.

I am certain I must be in Ketosis, there is no reason I shouldn't be in Ketosis. This weekend I will buy some Ketostix to find out.

I feel really good, no brain fog at work maybe just a little tired at the end of the day, I was expecting it to be harder.

I'm not really craving carbs or sugar and feel more satisfied after a meal. before Keto sometimes after a meal I would go graba bowl of bran flakes.

There is one negative, since starting Keto all my Poo's are floaters which must be down to the fat content of my diet, Fat is very buoyant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviation View Post
    Sugar is like a drug. It makes you feel great eating it. Coming off it, you get those cravings. But once you eliminate it, you'll feel better.

Excuse me while I eat my M&M's.
    I would hate to think I can never eat another packet of M&M's, Eventually I will end up in a cycle eg 12 week bulk routine and diet, 12 week cut and keto. That's further down the line and i will have to figure out what cycles work best for me.

For now I want to shift this belly but when I get to where I want to be M&M's for sure Bro

Banned
    Week Two

The weekend went well, I bought some Ketostix and confirmed my body is in Ketosis

I had my first Diet fail on Sunday - Bran flakes witha sprinkling of sugar.

New items added to my keto diet
    Flax seed Oil - 2xtbsp in the morning
    snack = 30gm of walnuts with 100ml of coconut milk (great breakfast cereal substitute)

I have dropped putting double cream in my lunchtime scrambled egg, double cream had too many empty calories for my liking.

My suggestion; buy some granulated sweetener and simply don't have any granulated sugar in the house. Then if the Bran-Flakes-Monster rears its head again you can be sure that the only carbs you'll be eating will be complex ones...

Kind Regards
    Dave

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OptikaNET View Post
    My suggestion; buy some granulated sweetener and simply don't have any granulated sugar in the house. Then if the Bran-Flakes-Monster rears its head again you can be sure that the only carbs you'll be eating will be complex ones...

Kind Regards
    Dave
    Good advice, cheers bro.