Thread: Logging Notes

Logging Notes

I been using the JeFit app for awhile now. But I have never used the Notes pages.
    I'm more wondering what do people put in the notes pages.
    How do I use it effectively?

It's a useful place to note things like "Used poor form today", "Used lower weight because dumbell was unavailable", "Must increase weight", etc....

When doing assisted dips/pullups - since there is no way to log a negative weight - I subtract the assisting weight from my bodyweight to track, but that means I don't have the value of the weight I actually used being logged, so I usually write a note such as "35Kg = 32Kg Assisted Weight" so I can easily see where to set the weight stack next time I do the exercise.

Also useful if you have to abandon an exercise or workout because of an injury, or because you're suffering a bad cold etc.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Sometimes I may misread the log and work with the wrong weight. Obviously this affects the volume etc recorded for the day. When I realise what I've done I write a note so I know I didn't reduce the weight deliberately and to remind myself, since I will only see the last log and not the log previous which shows the weight I should have used, to use more weight next time.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Some people use the notes to record the seat position, incline angle etc for equipment with variable settings so that they can be sure to repeat those settings from week to week.

Kind Regards
    Dave

OPtikaNET.. HAA very good. the seat seating, how you feel for that day I have cold right now. it all make sense now. Thanks alot.
    I'm going to use it today. Wish me luck

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    I still keep most of my notes old school; in my log book. I've been doing this for over 14 years and see no reason to change. I do at times add notes and attach them to a specific workout but find it very cumbersome to be honest. Wish there was an easier way to get to the notes such as right in the actual workout. And I wish it capitalized to start and after a period.

Quote Originally Posted by decu68 View Post
    I still keep most of my notes old school; in my log book. I've been doing this for over 14 years and see no reason to change.
    Decu86, I read one of post with your notes in it. It gave me some very good idea of what to put in my notes and what to keep track of. You go into great detail. You write what i'm thinking about in most cases. Never thought of writing them down. I'm going to start and see what type of differents it makes..

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    The notes I write down in my online log are different than the logs I keep manually. I do include some of that information however in my written logs I write down stuff like "tired" or if have any pains, motivation, if it was hot and even at times I will grade my self (i.e. A,B,C). Anything that I think can be a factor to how I lifted I write down so that later if I decide to see what was working and what wasn't I have a clearer picture. I'm anal that way. I found I had to be in order for me to keep moving forward and making myself accountable.

If anything I provided helps you than that is a positive.