Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink 37 years old. 279lbs. Bodyfat 36%

Hello everyone,

I'm a 37 year old that feels like he is trapped in an 80 year old's body. 6 years ago I was working out hard at the gym and went from 305 lbs, 44% body fat to 275lb 30% body fat. Unfortunately I quit after my wife had a baby.

Now its COMEBACK time!!

I started 2 weeks ago and have dropped from 291 to 279. My current bodyfat is 36%.

My first short term goal is to hit 275lb. I'm nearly there.

My long term goal is to hit 20% body fat

Nice to meet you all

Paul
    Last edited by cinderguy24; 07-11-2012 at 02:44 AM.

I too have just started working out and have similar goals. I just finished a 6wk program with my trainer and went from 365 lbs / 40.8% BF to 330 lbs / 37.7% BF. My goal is to get to 21 or 22% BF and around 225 lbs. I can tell you I feel a whole lot better these days than just 6wks ago.

Thumbs up Impressive

Thats an impressive drop in 6 weeks, bodyweight and bodyfat wise. I hope to lose even half of that in that amount of time

Cool It was an interesting week

It has been an interesting weight loss journey.

I had a bit of a hic up this week though. My right knee was acting up, so it made it a little difficult to do my jogging cardio. I favored my left side too much during the jog and ended up with a very sore left heal. All that weight pounding down on it.

The rest of the week I did my cardio on the stationary bike and elyptical machine. I didn't let the injury stop me from doing the bodybuilding.

I had my first cheat day yesterday. I've been eating real clean since the start of the program "3 weeks ago", but yesterday I indulged in a piece of apple pie, and french fries. I also went over my daily calorie goal by 120 calories.

Currently I'm at approximately 2200 calories a day. I'm using a wonderful program to help me set my calorie intake and track my meals called MyFitnessPal. I highly recommend it for tracking food intake.

I wasn't surprised too much when I stepped on the scale and noticed I gained a pound. I expect it to be mostly water weight gained.

I decided to measure my body parts to see where I was at. Although I gained a lb, I lost quite a few inches on my body and dropped my body fat down a tiny bit. It went from %33.6 to %33.4.

I decided to open up my profile today to show my progress pictures. I'm not proud of the way I look; however, I feel it will keep me more motivated.

Although my weight hasn't changed much, I have certainly shrunk.

Thumbs up Hurray!

I met my first goal weight today!

I'm now 275lbs. I noticed yesterday that pickles were high in sodium, this was causing lots of water retention. I cut out the pickles and drank lots of water to flush out the sodium.

This morning I had dropped 4lbs. It was massive water retention from the excess sodium I was getting from the pickles that was causing my weight to stay stagnent.

My next goal is to hit 268lb. According to the BMI this will drop me from class II obesity to Class I obesity.

That's it for now.

I've been using glutamine to help with my immune system and recovery for the past couple of weeks. I have been feeling better. After much research and thought I picked up creatine.

It should cause me to gain some water weight, but it sounds like it will help me increase in lean mass. More lean mass will cause my metabolism to increase which will cause me to lose more fat.

Gain more muscle, lose more fat.

Sounds like a win/win to me

Did bodybuilding for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, with 10 minutes of cardio on each day. Today, I decided to do 1 hour of cardio.
    Felt good, but my legs are still burning )

My knees hurt a lot today from all that cardio. The cardio helped me push through a weight loss plateau. I was hanging between 274-274.2 lb for the past 4 days. 1 hour of cardio pushed past that to 273.4. Unfortunately, I need to take today off from knee pain.

Watch overdoing it. Especially on running. It's real easy when you first start to get achy knees or shin splints.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

Funny you mention that. I'm suffering from both! But, I feel much better today. Pain is nearly gone. Sometimes it's hard for me to not over push, but I don't want to get injuried either. My motto lately has been "When the going gets tough, the tough take more tylenol"!