Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lost Weight , Now need help gaining muscle

Hey everyone, I just started using this app about a week ago. I was extremely out of shape right out of college
    and started working out (cardio,lifting weights a little). I have gone from 248 lbs down to 171 right now. I am 6'1" with a little extra around the sides( prolly will never go away).

Basically now that I have lost alot of the fat, I am wanting to build up muscle to continue to burn fat and tone up. Being a beginner, I have no idea where to start. I have a pretty clean diet at the moment and stay at about 2000 calories a day.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbed84 View Post
    Hey everyone, I just started using this app about a week ago. I was extremely out of shape right out of college
    and started working out (cardio,lifting weights a little). I have gone from 248 lbs down to 171 right now. I am 6'1" with a little extra around the sides( prolly will never go away).

Basically now that I have lost alot of the fat, I am wanting to build up muscle to continue to burn fat and tone up. Being a beginner, I have no idea where to start. I have a pretty clean diet at the moment and stay at about 2000 calories a day.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !! Hope to hear from you all soon.
    I am not the best to give technical advice as many here have more expertise, but wanted to say congratulations on the weight loss, good jon and keep it up!

Thanks!

I appreciate that, still lots of work to do!

I really like my current workout, its a 6 day all around with cardio at the end each day. If you dont normally workout that often then pick a good 3-4 day routine so you dont get burnt out. Try and find one that focuses on all around body, so many on here over exercise their arms and chest and do little with back, shoulders and legs

Re:

I am trying my hardest to keep my workouts consistent, i just need to figure out a good plan to stick with. Been thinking about the Kris Gethin 12 week trainer.

Re:

I know what you mean volcom. I already have pretty lean legs and I don't want to have a big upper body and chicken legs. LoL.

If i know how to find the link for some of the routines i use i would post them. But i have no clue how lol

[url]http://www.jefit.com/routines/?authorid=121646[/url]

Woot I found it!

I really like the 6 day routine. But on the four day routine you could probably take out a exercise in each muscle group, or maybe take down the sets to two, but I like to really exhaust my muscles on that routine week.

Just some of my routine favs. Not saying the work for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jbed84 View Post

Consider the [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-ebook/dp/B006XJR5ZA/"]Starting Strength[/URL] program, you won't be disappointed. You will need to eat more than the 2000 calories a day mentioned to get strong.

Calasthenics is the best

Check out the book" you are your own gym "they also have an android application as well. You can't go wrong with it.