Vegan/Vegetarian?

I was wondering if there were any vegans or vegetarians that have been successful with their diet and exercise regimen. I don't eat pork or lamb and I am slowly making my diet more and more vegetarian. I am trying to make easier meals to fit in a very busy schedule (50 hour work week) so that I can accomplish this. I have a handful of recipes but they get really boring and I over do it and then I don't want to make that meal again. I know that there are a lot of great recipes and diet plans but I was looking to find something more plant based and/or less animal byproducts. I am looking to do bulking after I lose the initial fat. If you have any easy recipe suggestions I would be greatful.

Right now my meals are Rice, Pasta or Quinoa with cooked vegetables in a sauce or no sauce. During the winter I make a lot of vegetarian chilis and soups and will add rice or bread as a filler. Salads are a little more time consuming and aren't as easy to take with to work or will keep for as long as I need to keep it, and aren't as filling.

Cool Found it myself! and wanted to share...

I found a GREAT website with information about being vegan and body building.

[url]http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=news[/url]

Check it out if you too were looking for more information.

Happy lifting!

thanks for sharing with me this is so helpful for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticus2982 View Post
    I found a GREAT website with information about being vegan and body building.

[url]http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=news[/url]

Check it out if you too were looking for more information.

Happy lifting!

Hey Sparticus! Your meals sound pretty tight. Some others that are relatively easy (and transport well) include: peanut butter and banana sandwiches, bean and rice burritos, bean and rice bowls, mashed bean sandwiches (actually is really good), trail mixes, veggie burgers (could be soy, or black bean, or other type), grilled balsamic portabello mushroom sandwiches, good ole' oatmeal...

Good luck on your journey!

Banned
    Some vegetables are really effective for our body fitness like: radish, carrot, potato, green chili, cabbage etc. If you eat these vegetables on a weekly basis then you can improve your health very quickly.

Banned
    I've been wanting to try a mostly all vegan diet, but it's 1. Extremely hard 2. Expensive.

I usually just add at least 1 vegan meal/ day along with drinking a vegetable juice drink using a juicer myself daily.

Also, nice site on vegan bodybuilding. I'll definitely look more into it, see if I can find some good recipes to add in to my diet.

Instead of rice, go for whole grains like Wheat, Soya, Bajra, Raagi, Corn, Bengal gram, Green gram etc., This can be used as a powder and use for soup and have it. Else make as sprouted grains and eat raw or with salads. Or boil and make some recipy and have it. All those grains are very much healty and protein content well.

Banned
    Hello,
    Frankly speaking i hate vegetarian food but i know the importance of vegetarian food. I will definitely think to have veggies. Thanks for sharing.

I have been a vegan for 26 years and a live vegan for 9 months.

You may want to check out this new magazine: [url]http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/[/url]

If you know how to cook this is easy!

These are the biggest lies ever told. I have been a Vegan for 26 years. Live Vegan for the past 9 months
    1. Extremely Hard'

My average meal prep is 30 minutes for dinner and 15 for breakfast and I am feeding 5 people. You have to know how to prepare good tasting meals. You simply need creative cookbooks. The Soul Vegetarian cookbook and The Healthfull Essence Cookbooks (both available on Amazon come highly recomended).

2. Expensive
    While living in Atlanta, I was feeding a family of 5 COMPLETELY organically for less than 100 per week! Since relocating, my kids are older and the organics are considerably more expensive BUT I can still feed the family for about 100 per week! Since becoming a Live foodist my bill has gone up about $50 per week ( and my food prep time has gone up because some items take over 24 hours)

It is possible and I know TOO many people that are living effectively this way.