Newbie question give it my all or hold back for next exercise

I am starting out and trying to choose a routine. Several of the routines have back to back exercises that are similar for example

Bench Press
    Inverted Bench Press

Should I be giving it my all on the first bench press? Lifting the most I can lift and still accomplish the suggested reps so when I finish I am exhausted? Or should I be lifting less then I know I can in order to keep some in reserve for the second bench press I know I will be doing?

I would like to see what some of the more experienced guys have to say on this. My own program I do exercises back to back on the same muscles but in a slightly different way. In the early days I would get exhausted and struggle with the second exercise but nowadays I give everything on each exercise. Even when Im completely dead and cant do one more rep of one thing I somehow have enough strength to do the next thing.
    I do take a slightly longer rest (usually 2 min rather than just 1) in between 2 exercises so that might help.
    So in summary, my opinion is give everything on every exercise. And then be persistent untill you can do both or even more.

Thanks for the advice. It's good to know that if I keep at it I will be able to do all the exercises. I was just afraid that I would fundamentally be doing something wrong and never be able to get through it.