Thread: Beginner help

Beginner help

I have done a couple of the routines but most of the ones i choose are machines. I would like to get into some of the free weight routines but i am not sure how to decided how much weight to use. I don't want to use too light a weight but at the same time don't want to over do it. Also, I probably have stayed away from the free weights due to a bit of intimidation. Any advise would help. Thanks

Also, any routine recommendations would be appreciated.

The best way to learn how to use free weights is to just pick them up and go.

Its almost impossible to tell you how much weight to use, thats all on your current level of fitness, and even how good your feeling that day.
    The best way to go about it is to start an exercise off with weights lower than you think you can lift, and work your way up to find your 8 or 10
    rep max. but make sure to take a one to two minute rest between sets. even if you find the weight to be extremely easy. You want to make sure your muscles are fully ready to find their 10 rep max as accurately as possible.