Suppliments to use???

Hi there, am am fairly new to bodybuilding and only been doing it around half a year!

But my question is what is the best supplements to take for:

Pre workout
    Post workout
    Vitamins
    Testosterone booster or anabolic booster

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by steven1989 View Post
    Hi there, am am fairly new to bodybuilding and only been doing it around half a year!

But my question is what is the best supplements to take for:

Pre workout
    Post workout
    Vitamins
    Testosterone booster or anabolic booster

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Stevie
    To be quite honest, as long as you're getting enough protein in your diet (0.7 - 1.5g per lb of body weight, depending on training intensity, frequency, personal prefs, etc) then supplements won't honestly get you much. If you are working out with high intensity, and eating good nutrition, then all the supplements in the world might get you a tiny razor's edge margin more performance, while costing a ton of money.

If you want to take something, about the only thing shown to have real-world, proven results is creatine. Get a tub of creatine monohydrate crystals (forget all the fancy "accellerated creatines" or other silly stuff), follow the directions, prepare for 1-5lbs of water weight gain (which you will lose when you go off it), and enjoy the benefits of creatine. You might be able to grunt out another heavy rep when loaded on it, because of the ATP shortcut it gives your muscles. You may also notice reduced muscle soreness after a hard workout on creatine, because the extra water in your muscles can speed recovery.

That's my recommendation. Don't fall for the silly marketing of NO-XPLOD 3000 MASS GAINER BCAA PURPLE MAN EXTREME BS. Protien is king. If you eat enough in the form of real food, you're fine. If you need a low calorie protein boost, pick up some plain whey protein isolate (not a protein shake, those are mostly sugar) and mix it with water or milk or orange juice or whatever you like for a quick boost.

There's also very little science to back up the whole "protein window" or need for a "recovery" or "post workout" carb load. There's a very slightly amount of science that points to increase creatine uptake if you take it with a some sugar, which causes an insulin spike. If you want to take advantage of that, just mix your creatine up in gatorade or grape juice or something like that.

Eat right. Work out. Job done.

You also should find something with some BCAA's too. Those are the building blocks of muscle

Ageless Male is a pretty good option because it has scientifically proven ingredients that not only increase free testosterone levels but also improve energy metabolism and build strong muscles. Check out a few [URL="http://agelessmalenow.blogspot.com/"]Ageless Male testimonials[/URL]. I've been using it with my gym program with fairly good results, and don’t need to use a separate bodybuilding supplement.
    Last edited by evarolla; 04-16-2013 at 02:27 PM.