need help my a diet plan

I need help to create a diet that will help me gain mass, I am 5'7 146lbs 36 year old male, I don't how many good calories I should be eating every day ?

Start with 2000 cals a day of healthy food.. try eat 3 balanced meals a day and 2 snacks.

and do moderate exercising 3 days a week and take walks every day. That's all.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member QuintanillJoseph's Avatar
    Assuming you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week), your daily calorie requirements are 2452 calories per day. [url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html[/url] To build mass, you'd need MORE calories than that and increase your intensity at the gym.

Any of the calculations you do, or can get online are an arbitary figure (might be right, probably not quite).

Set a calorie target, but making sure you set your macros up correctly, eat to it for 2 weeks and re-evaluate. See how you look, how you feel, and how you are performing.

If you are new to lifting, you can gain some mass and strength whilst dieting some fat off (if you have any to lose), but one tends to stall after a couple of months, and you then need to be upping calories (carbs) to keep progress going.

IF works well for those looking to lose some fat, and gain some muscle, but the typical recomp is slow, better to bulk or cut, then do the opposite if that makes sense.

What sort of body composition do you have at the moment?

Regards

Steve

And also remember to base on healthy and unprocessed food. Eating too much junk meals won't be good for you.

Tips for diet plans

I found this tips from Muscle & Fitness. I'd like to share this to you.

YOUR GET-LEAN PRINCIPLES
    Strict. Strict. Strict. This is your mantra for the next 28 days. Eating clean is the name of this get-lean game. Your diet plan is filled with fresh, clean foods that are as unprocessed as possible. Here are three simple principles to shed fat fast.

1. Eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, daily. If your protein intake is too low on a restricted-calorie diet, you'll lose a lot of muscle in addition to any fat you'’re lucky enough to shed. A high protein intake will help you preserve lean mass during your dieting phase. Choose lean high-quality proteins like egg whites, poultry, lean red meat and protein supplements. The diet provided here contains about 220-–250 grams of protein daily. Up your protein only if you'’re heavier than 250 pounds, or you're very hungry and need to add food during the day. It is suggested that an additional protein shake for an easy quick fix. (If you'’re under 180 pounds, cut out 3 ounces of meat or chicken per day from the diet.)
    2. Keep your carbohydrates low to moderate when trying to lose weight. "“On a low day you'’ll have closer to 100 grams of carbs,"” he says. "“A moderate day is about 150 grams of carbs." Good, clean, fiber-rich carbs include oats, potatoes, rice and whole-grain bread.
    3. Drink at least a gallon of water per day. It'’ll keep you hydrated and healthy. Water should be your primary beverage during dieting. Though many rely on diet sodas, Crystal Light and other low-calorie sweetened drinks, plain old water is really your best bet.

[IMG][URL=http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Flaire_Jane_Salvilla/media/A9E85594D70EC9B57CBFA159CBDFE968E1D6B23E8B3AE389A1 pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpsr0aa6yqc.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

Try this following meal plans to follow the diet for three weeks:
    Breakfast: A tangerine. Porridge (40g oats) and blueberries (145g).
    Dinner: Chicken stir-fry (one chicken fillet, handful sugar snap peas, 100g cabbage, 2 carrots, ginger, coriander, garlic, soy sauce)
    FAST DAY TWO
    Breakfast: Yoghurt (small pot natural fat-free), blueberries (70g) and ham (40g)
    Dinner: Feta Niçoise salad (1 egg, handful lettuce, handful green beans, 100g chopped cucumber, 90g feta cheese, 6 black olives)
    Week 2: FAST DAY THREE
    Breakfast: 1 Boiled egg and half a grapefruit
    Dinner: Veggie chili (1 large mushroom, half tin chopped tomatoes, half tin of kidney beans, garlic, half a chopped red chili) with brown rice (80g cooked)
    FAST DAY FOUR
    Breakfast: Smoked salmon, a cracker and light cream cheese
    Dinner: Thai prawn salad (handful of cooked prawns, grated cucumber and carrot, sesame seeds)
    Week 3: FAST DAY FIVE
    Breakfast: Smoked salmon (50g) and 2 scrambled eggs
    Dinner: Roasted vegetable salad (10 cherry tomatoes, ½ cougette, ½ aubergine, 1 red pepper. Two tangerines
    FAST DAY SIX
    Breakfast: Strawberry smoothie (1 banana 100g, pot fat-free natural yoghurt 150g, large handful strawberries 50g)
    Dinner: Oven-baked smoked haddock (fillet smoked haddock (200g), 1 poached egg, 100g steamed broccoli)

Banned

Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by maximus3657 View Post
    I need help to create a diet that will help me gain mass, I am 5'7 146lbs 36 year old male, I don't how many good calories I should be eating every day ?

You can consult to your dietitian for getting more appropriate details regarding this.

Take nutritious diet. Cut down on junk and oily food stuffs.

Experienced Member
    A good starting point to calculate your maintenance calories is;

Your bodyweight in lb x 10
    Then multiplying the result by an "activity multiplier" which can be anything from x1 to x3.

Somebody who has a really inactive lifestyle might start at x1.2 while somebody who is quiet active (e.g. carpenter) might start with x2.

There's no straight answer unfortunately, you have to play around with it for 2 - 3 weeks until you find your maintenance calories. Once you've found a number that you feel is an accurate portrayal of your maintenance calories try taking away 500kcal from it to initiate weight loss.
    My 2016/17 Cut: [url]https://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?46054-(Almost)-A-1-Year-Cut-amp-What-I-ve-Learned-Along-The-Way[/url]