What types/Fequency of protein do YOU use for your muscle building goals???

Hello all,

Just curious to find out some what some of you are taking or recommend in terms of proteins.....whether casein, iso, hydro etc etc.comapny or brand make...& combinations of as well as times of the day/night which you consume them.

Me: Currently- Muscle Pharm combat powder (iso, concentrate, casein) 24g protein/serving
    - post workout in the a.m., and 30min-1hr before bed.

Any and all feedback is welcomed. thx

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    Hello Dirtyv3gas,

I haven't taken Muscle Pharm Combat Powder yet but I have heard great things about it and read good reviews about their products.

[url]http://supplementreviews.com/muscle-pharm/combat[/url]

Right now to save some money and not dish out tons of $$$ just on shipping prices and whatnot I am taking EAS 100% Whey Protein that I get from BJ's Wholesale Club. Its 30$ for 5lbs of protein that typically lasts me about 2-3 weeks for each bag that I get. Its a Whey Protein Concentrate blend which isn't as pure as a Hydrosolate or Isolate but still for me gets the job done.

I used to take Dymatize Elite Whey which was an Isolate Blend and was about 65$ for 10lbs and during my cut I was going through a 10lb tub every 3 weeks and just ran me up too much money along with shipping and other supplements that I was getting at the time.

I would also get the Optimum Nutrition Casein blend protein to take before bed and sometimes post workout or if I wanted to, would eat Cottage Cheese at night.

[url]http://supplementreviews.com/categories/protein/whey-protein[/url]

I want to try Platinum Hydro Whey but that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! I mean just ridiculously expensive for just 3lbs and I know that Optimum 100% Whey is a fantastic protein blend that is filled with isolates.

[url]http://supplementreviews.com/categories/protein/time-release[/url]

Syntha - 6 by BSN is a mixture of Casein and Whey which is perfect for post workout but expensive too, and I want to try Dymatize for Casein as well since their Isolate Protein Blend was fantastic

But like I said I usually like to go for a Whey Protein for as soon as I wake up and then about an hour before I lift then followed by Casein/Whey after I lift and then Casein right before bed.

Right now since I am saving money and not really going super hardcore with supplements I am taking, I am just taking Whey protein when I wake up, before I workout, after I workout and then before bed.

-Robert
    Hey Robertrogo, thx for the feedback.......I've actually been looking at using Muscle Juice 2600 protein 11lbs for 60$ as I am a hardgainer and need the high calories this product provides, but am somewhat hesitant, as it is a weight-gainer, and I do NOT want to pack on mass at such a rate it turns into unwanted fats. As for the Muscle Pharm products, I have tried a few different ones and am really pleased with the effects they seem to hve on myself!

As for casein at night, I havent been able to do as much, $$$ being the issue, so you supp. cottage cheese at night for casein??

thx again for your feedback, it is very informative!!! appreciate it...cheers robertrogo

cottage cheese it is!!! lol

thx for the advice Robertrogo, I will def. supp cottage cheese late night then, awesome!....I agree the taste is enough to make a maggot gag but it is what it is i guess.lol. So i ended up just buying Optimum nutrition Mass gainer....2 shovels a serving, and I mean shovels, almost 1-2 cups of powder!!!! yikes!!! but it was 70$ for 12lbs, which if taking accordingly only has 19 servings!!!!! Im going to spread it out for cost reasons, and that i just dont think my stomach can hold all that in one sitting.lol.......its has 7% fat/serving (6g) or 31% with low fat milk.... 1200 calories!! 50g protein and YES, you are correct as it does contain a touch of creatine-monohydrate......it has a whack of vitamins/minerals as well.....but hopefully it works out.

If you dont mind me asking, what is the website you purchase your protein @?? BJ's thx again man, appreciate the convos' and loads of info you have......cheers