Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Member Wade Razella's Avatar

Lightbulb Unbalanced Work outs and Improper Planning

Over the years I have seen a lot of people trying to work out. Most people do not know what the heck they are doing. They sign up for a gym or buy equipment for their home and then hit it hard. In most cases they hurt themselves and the training stops. What a waste of time, money and effort.

The other thing I see is unbalanced training where a person has really bulked up the upper body but the lower body is very under developed and it looks not that great. This happens when someone works out to much upper body and skips the dreaded leg days or does not push themselves hard in lower body exercises.

Another thing I notice is the lack or proper cardio. Yep you have amazing strength but can not run 2 or 3 blocks. Again my approach on this is to have a more balanced training.

My suggestion for people wanting to get in shape is come up with a good solid plan before you hit it. Know your goals, plan how you are going to get there, have a nutrition plan that fits those goals, put in an accountability structure, be consistent in your plans, and do the work. (This is the part you hit it)

Research is key, know your body and its limitations.

I would be glad to help you in your planning come to my Face book page and send me a message.

Click on this link to go to my Facebook Page [URL="https://www.facebook.com/CoachWadeRazella"]Coach Wade's Healthy LifeStyles[/URL] (It would be so cool if you clicked liked too)

Experienced Member kelzanderson's Avatar
    good sound advice, wish I could be a bit more balanced with my workouts atm but can't do any lifting on docs orders :-(. Guys in the gym with massive upper bodies and chicken legs always make me laugh, clearly don't know what they are doing. Sometimes a bit of trial and error is needed to get to know your body and what it responds best to.

Quote Originally Posted by kelzanderson View Post
    good sound advice, wish I could be a bit more balanced with my workouts atm but can't do any lifting on docs orders :-(. Guys in the gym with massive upper bodies and chicken legs always make me laugh, clearly don't know what they are doing. Sometimes a bit of trial and error is needed to get to know your body and what it responds best to.
    It is easy to do with both women and men. Women tend to pay more attention to their legs, butts, and mid sections. Men like to go after the chests and those guns. Sometimes I just ask a person that I see is not training properly and ask them how much to they bench press and then how much do they squat and leg press. Then I politely point it out as they are no where near the weight they they are pumping with their chest compared to the legs. Sometimes that works and sometimes I get that get away from me old man and given that middle finger. LOL Oh well life goes on.

I like that method of trying to get people to think. I try and focus on whole body, I know my upper body needs work but it's currently being hindered by a thumb grrr. You do get some arrogant people in the gym that just do not listen.

Quote Originally Posted by kelzanderson View Post
    I like that method of trying to get people to think. I try and focus on whole body, I know my upper body needs work but it's currently being hindered by a thumb grrr. You do get some arrogant people in the gym that just do not listen.
    Yep you sure do but hey most of them learn after a while.

Usually after they get an injury or something but if they want to learn the hard way...... I miss being able to go bench etc

I disagree with this thread. This is based on what YOU want. I'm well rounded overall cardio and weight. The reason why I disagree is because those are YOUR goals. The ppl who do not know what they are doing do not share the same goals as you. If they do, then they don't know what they are doing and you're right. Exercising is not always about being well rounded. A powerlifter is not interested in cardio as much as a marathon runner and vice versa. I think you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by sothea View Post
    I disagree with this thread. This is based on what YOU want. I'm well rounded overall cardio and weight. The reason why I disagree is because those are YOUR goals. The ppl who do not know what they are doing do not share the same goals as you. If they do, then they don't know what they are doing and you're right. Exercising is not always about being well rounded. A powerlifter is not interested in cardio as much as a marathon runner and vice versa. I think you get the point.
    I also think you are also allowed to have your opinion thank you for that dose of negativity posted on my thread but hey it's cool I respect ya.

The purpose of my posting style is to find like minded people. This is not do it my way. However there is a certain passion I have to express what has worked for me in my opinion. I have no desire to be a body builder or a professional athlete. Yes there are many different programs for different needs. My passion is to coach people and motivate them in being consistent with the programs they have chosen. I always have a open mind and this old dog can be taught new tricks.

So I sincerely appreciate all the wealth of information that everyone has to share and have passion for it. I humbly ask you if my posts do not agree with you please by all means ignore them.

I do both cardio and weights so I get your point, however there are those individuals that do go to the gym and don't know what they are doing. They are often the people who have no real goals or people who have goals but are not educated enough to achieve those in a safe mannor.