Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Experienced Member phil_goodman's Avatar
    1. The apparently stream-of-consciousness super setters who wander between a half-dozen machines, and have three sets of dumbbells strewn about.

2. The innumerate, who just can't seem to match the number on the plate with the number on the rack, or the spatially-challenged who are unable to put things of the same same size together. I hate having to pull three random plates off of a rack to get at the plate I want.

Same here - sweaty machines, dumbbells in the wrong place, people exercising right in front of the dumbbell rack...

And a few more....

The cute young lady working at the sign in desk keeps calling me sir. Just cause I'm old enough to be her dad is no reason to do that.

And whats up with all the lovely ladies at the gym that never come up to me and say hi. What, am I supposed to go say hi to them first?

Of course the music that is played on the PA at the gym sucks too... but noise isolating earbuds and Pandora on my phone have fixed that problem.

Other than that, I have no complaints. Loving my new gym membership! Take care....

Experienced Member Jenluvs2sing's Avatar
    This thread is fantastic! Definitely agree with everything everyone's said so far. I go to the gym late at night (mine's open 24 hours during the week) so I don't run into the fools that are only there to be seen doing what I would loosely call "working out". Go late at night and the people there, for the most part, are serious about getting their workout done. I'll add these to the list:

1. The girls who come in together who get on the treadmill, barely walk above a normal pace, but hold onto the machine for dear life like they're running from a T-Rex. You're not fooling anyone, kids.

2. The sweaters, as in the people who sweat so profusely that they literally drip all over everything (full disclosure I'm a sweater but I'm also very overweight right now) but don't clean up after themselves. I swear I'm going to get t-shirts made to wear that say "You may be cute, your sweat isn't. I don't work here so clean up after yourselves."

3. The people who look down on others in the gym not in the best shape. We're all supposedly there for one thing, and that's to better ourselves physically. I saw a girl the other night very out of shape but trying her best to work out. I also saw people giving her the stink eye. She's making an effort, give her credit! I'm also very overweight but I'm pretty serious and directed in my workouts (all the more so since starting to use Jefit, shameless plug) and I'm there at least 4 nights a week so the regulars know me and know I mean business, but seriously, no one is perfect. Not even the guy who's butt looks like a basketball cut in half. I love watching him work out

4. Ok, you want to do sit ups with weights. Great. You get the equipment you need and put it near you so you can keep working out without having to walk around to get your stuff. Also, understandable. But when I'm trying to find the 20lb barbell and you've practically hidden it under the exercise balls it makes me go a little nuts. Even worse, you finish your workout AND LEAVE 8 DIFFERENT PIECES OF EQUIPMENT JUST LYING AROUND! So rude.

5. Even better, the ones that leave the weights in the walkway. Someone trips over those bad boys and there's a lawsuit. Hopefully they catch your dumb butt leaving them there and make you liable but I won't hold my breath. Speaking of...

6. First take a shower THEN use cologne. Don't take a bath IN cologne. Yes, we all sweat and some of us don't smell quite as fresh as others, but that does not give you permission to drown in Drakkar Noir AND still be stinky. Those are not complimentary scents, gents...

7. Just because people work at the gym does not mean they're there to clean up after you in any capacity, including the nasty messes you leave in the locker room. Have some respect for your fellow man. *shudder*

And, my all time favorite...

8. Just because there are mirrors on almost every surface doesn't mean you have to look at yourself IN EVERY SINGLE ONE! I love the people who don't use water bottles so they can use the water fountain and stare at themselves in the mirror as they walk by. Ah, vanity, you're a cruel mistress.

All that being said I so love my gym, but I can understand how people get angry there. There are so many pet peeves that are easy to get crazy over, and all it would take to get rid of most of them would be to have some consideration for others.

There is this girl who comes to my gym and works out in uggs and it drives me crazy!

Also when people just leave their stuff (a water bottle) at a machine and walk away and expect you to know that someone is using it.

Experienced Member Jenluvs2sing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by privatepookie View Post
    Also when people just leave their stuff (a water bottle) at a machine and walk away and expect you to know that someone is using it.
    I leave my water bottle on the machine when I'm done so that when I go to get a paper towel to clean it off someone doesn't use it before I can clean it. I know not everyone does it for that reason though. :/

I'm sick of waiting for Strength Machines while users Text and sit forever.

Now that I started in the last few weeks logging my workouts. I find myself moving through my sets quickly.
    I wait and wait while people text and sit on the units.

I can't wait to go too my Medicare Supplement Health Fitness Centers.
    They have double units and it surely looks slow on weekends. I only can visit for now.
    I will soon be able to enjoy 50K and 68K square foot fitness centers.

Plus I get to go to any SilverSneekers fitness centers.

I've got a new peeve. I visited a gym this weekend and they have screwed up their dumbbell weights. In what world is it better to have twice as many 2-1/2 pound increments than full increments(e.g. 2 sets of 32.5 lb, 1 set of 35 lb, 2 sets of 37.5 lb, etc.)? Trying to find the right weight is more difficult especially when they're not put back correctly. Never going to go back there again. what a shame it was nice inside.

I feel the same at times.

Quote Originally Posted by edmclaughlin523 View Post
    I've got a new peeve. I visited a gym this weekend and they have screwed up their dumbbell weights. In what world is it better to have twice as many 2-1/2 pound increments than full increments(e.g. 2 sets of 32.5 lb, 1 set of 35 lb, 2 sets of 37.5 lb, etc.)? Trying to find the right weight is more difficult especially when they're not put back correctly. Never going to go back there again. what a shame it was nice inside.

I understand it can waist our time in working out.

Angry Someone was on the ABS Crunch unit just napping ?

I couldn't believe the person was just laying there. The person knew I wanted to finish my workout there.
    The person seemed to be laying there itching his back. The person gets up sits there starts talking and lets the someone else use the unit.
    What kind of exercise is this the other person did the same thing. Hymm maybe they were matting like two birds in the sand.

Read my Lips! So I decided to pack it up after 1 1/2 hours.
    I need a new gym Help me control myself.

Experienced Member phil_goodman's Avatar
    I recently witnessed an entire routine based around one machine. 45 minutes on the 45-degree leg press -- really? With what, five minute rests between sets? I can understand an entire routine built around the squat rack, but this...