elbow injuries advise

hey Jetfitters,
    this morning I was working out. and early in ny workout, I noticed that I was starting to get some soreness in my elbow (if you bend you elbow towards your chest, the oain would on the outside muscle near the base of the elbow). I started to stretch it out a little and thought nothing of it. as I was doing dumbbell curls the pain got worse and worse so I stopped. I tried to massage it to see if that helped ease the pain.it didn't. I decided any exercise that used my arms was out of the question unless I wanted to injure it more. i believe the muscle i injured might be flexor carpi radialis. i think. my question is, has anybody experienced similar pain on the outside of the elbow? what is the most effective treatment? how long should I rest it for? any general advise is welcomed. thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by halfrican89 View Post
    hey Jetfitters,
    this morning I was working out. and early in ny workout, I noticed that I was starting to get some soreness in my elbow (if you bend you elbow towards your chest, the oain would on the outside muscle near the base of the elbow). I started to stretch it out a little and thought nothing of it. as I was doing dumbbell curls the pain got worse and worse so I stopped. I tried to massage it to see if that helped ease the pain.it didn't. I decided any exercise that used my arms was out of the question unless I wanted to injure it more. i believe the muscle i injured might be flexor carpi radialis. i think. my question is, has anybody experienced similar pain on the outside of the elbow? what is the most effective treatment? how long should I rest it for? any general advise is welcomed. thank you!!
    hello mate

i would get it checked straight away if i were you, reason i say this is because it sounds exactly like the injury igot 12 months ago, i tried to fight through the pain and only went to get it looked at 3 weeks ago.
    I found out i have now got arthritis in the elbow.