Editing/deleting mistakes

Hi,

I've been using Jefit app on android for a few months now (haven't upgraded to pro yet).

It's probably quite basic - but how do I delete an input that I put in mistakenly?

For example if I typed 35kg instead of 30kg, I just can seem to go back and edit/delete it.

Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    Hey Insomniac2000,

Thank you for your support and usage of JEFIT! We truly appreciate it.

In regards to changing up your logs you have 2 options to correct the mistake.

Website

On the Website, what you will want to do is go to your Jefit Profile Page and click on the My-Logs Button

[url]http://www.jefit.com/my-jefit/my-logs/[/url]

Once on this page you will find the day that you have recorded logs for, click on that date, find the logs and then be able to edit those logs and update/save the data from there.

Application

On the application you will click on the Logs page, find the date that you will want to edit the logs/data.

After which you will edit those logs and then save the data.

You will then return back to the main menu of JEFIT and click synchronize to store/send the data to your account.

We are working forward on improving this functionality and making it more user friendly to edit your logs/navigate through the application.

Hopefully this information was helpful and informative.

- Robert
    Thanks for your earlier reply Robert.

Can you tell me how I can delete a whole batch of mistakenly inputted logs (i.e. 3 sets). A problem caused by the 'jump back' issue which I've mentioned in another thread.

For example, in my routine I have:

Chin ups - 3 sets
    Bench press - 3 sets

1)So I do chin ups for 3 sets and log my 3 sets, completing it, getting the big green tick etc.
    2) I move on to the the bench press and view my bench press logs from last time
    3) I complete my 3 bench press sets
    4) I log back into Jefit and input my 3 sets for benchpress assuming that the app is where I left it last time I was viewing it (as in step 2) but lo and behold the jump back feature has kicked in and I've actually entered 3 sets into the chin ups again.

So I need to go back and delete the entire 3 wrongly inputted sets for chin ups. I know you can easily edit the weights and reps, but how do I delete the 3 x 3 sets of wrongly inputted data?

thanks again.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the screenshots, that solved the problem. I never noticed the trashcan icon at the top before.

The bigger issue as mentioned is the 'jump back' issue, this is literally driving me nuts. Not sure if it's just my phone/app.

The Jefit version I'm using is 5.0910 on Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2

I'm really happy btw that you have a forum system where issues are investigated and rectified.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    Glad I could help you out and of course we want to make sure all issues and problems are resolved for all of our users so that you have the best experience possible using our application while working out.

In regards to "jumping back" do you mean the button on the top left hand corner of the screen that brings you back to the previous page?

Sorry if I am re-asking this question again but want to be able to help you resolve this issue as much as possible.

- Robert
    Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. My plan was to factory reset my galaxy and resintall everything up to date and I did that yesterday. But again at the gym, it's the same problem.

I'm not sure how else to describe the 'jump back' problem, other than how I did above step by step:

For example, in my routine I have:

Chin ups - 3 sets
    Bench press - 3 sets

1)So I do chin ups for 3 sets and log my 3 sets, completing it, getting the big green tick etc.
    2) I move on to the the bench press and view my bench press logs from last time
    3) I complete my 3 bench press sets
    4) I log back into Jefit and input my 3 sets for benchpress assuming that the app is where I left it last time I was viewing it (as in step 2) but lo and behold the jump back feature has kicked in and I've actually entered 3 sets into the chin ups again.

Basically I've completed and logged exercise one, I've viewed exercise 2 and then when I've completed exercise 2 and gone back into the app to log it (assuming its where I left it) it's actually gone back to exercise 1 and I've inputted data relevant for exercise 2 in exercise 1.

This does NOT happen every time and I dont what triggers this. But on average it does happen once or twice per work out of perhaps 15 exercises (I work out for 2 hours each time).

This has also happened when what I'm viewing on screen is exercise 2 (e.g. bench press) and as soon as I hit 'save' its suddenly gone back to exercise 1 (e.g. chin ups). It is extremely frustrating to say the least when this happens.

Sorry to jump in here, I had a similar problem but found that my phone kept going back to the home screen ans when I re started the app it appeared to jump back to the beginning of my whole session, I used to just check the logs had been taken in then continue where I left off but eventually noticed if I pressed the exercise I had already done it come up asking if I wanted to continue from previous or restart, by continuing it seemed to have the last logs still saved but I have always been cautious, I still keep a notepad and make a written log as well as the app so if I want to check my previous weight lifted etc I can refer to the written log and take things from there, the app makes it so much easier to keep track of progress as its all in one place so not searching pages

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1983 View Post
    Sorry to jump in here, I had a similar problem but found that my phone kept going back to the home screen ans when I re started the app it appeared to jump back to the beginning of my whole session, I used to just check the logs had been taken in then continue where I left off but eventually noticed if I pressed the exercise I had already done it come up asking if I wanted to continue from previous or restart, by continuing it seemed to have the last logs still saved but I have always been cautious, I still keep a notepad and make a written log as well as the app so if I want to check my previous weight lifted etc I can refer to the written log and take things from there, the app makes it so much easier to keep track of progress as its all in one place so not searching pages
    Yeah, I do actually exit the app between sets/exercises, to use the stopwatch timer and other apps.

Still, especially on android where programs should run problem free in the background, it shouldnt present with this problem.

I saw you mentioned using the galaxy s3? When you've exited the app, have you tried pressing and holding the home button, should show a list or recently closed/running apps and then re opened jefit from that list? Thats how I usually do it on a s4 and my old s2 and not had a problem with the jump back for a good few weeks now.