Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginmardo View Post
    uhm, i think i started with the basic routine; bench & tricep workout.
    I suggest you add legs and back to your routine. Legs are major muscle - if you don't train them you miss on 40% of your workout, and having well-toned chest without back to balance it will make you stoop.

hi robert,

to start things off: i am very pleased to have registered with JEFIT. my kinda fitness forum for real

i don't mind all the questions, i realize they serve a purpose. as for my workout goals: i would really like to build muscle. trust me, you do not want to underestimate my skinnyness LOL. but i am very optimistic since i've been there before and know what i can accomplish with th proper exercise. upon googling i came accross a workout program that most likely seem to fit my needs. link: [url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dougs-mass-building-routine-for-ectomorphs.html[/url]
    any feedback on the program is deeply appreciated. i currently do not have a training partner. i do train with alongside my cousins, but we have different training programs, seeing that i do not build muscle as fast as they do. they do provide the necessary support, though while we are training. i am currently not on any diet plan. i did read up on a few articles which suggested that i consume a lot of protein and carb rich food [fish and meat products] next to your fruits and veggies ofcourse. i havent grapsed the idea of calorie counting yet :$

note: at the moment, i dont have access to a gym or an extensive array of gym equipment. all we have in the office [me and my cousins] are free weights: bench, barbell, dumbbell and weights. so i substituted certain machine dependant workouts from my found workout plan, with free weight exercises which aren't many.

i have viewed some of the other forums and i have to say without a doubt that JEFIT IS the right forum to be on. very happy to be here. any help and tips are welcome. if anything, i am looking forward to feedback.

thanks

-Gino-

Quote Originally Posted by is304 View Post
    I suggest you add legs and back to your routine. Legs are major muscle - if you don't train them you miss on 40% of your workout, and having well-toned chest without back to balance it will make you stoop.
    silly me, i actually forgot to mention the legs part :$
    a workout that i am currently on: [url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dougs-mass-building-routine-for-ectomorphs.html[/url]

Hitting a muscle only once per week will really slow your progress. Here's a really solid looking newbie routine, with a progression scheme, and eating plan

[url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/ex-hardgainer-workout-eating-plan.html[/url]

hey,

thanks for the recommendation. looks tuff, but i am willing thanks for the recommendation

I gotta hand it to ya fourdegrees, a very solid workout indeed. At firstglance i was a bit cocky in performing looking at the reps goal set for eacht workout. Turns out it is tuffer than it appears. Awesomeness!!!

Yeah hitting squats, bench press, and rows twice a week will definitely be tuff when you are expected to either do more reps or add 10lbs every time you lift.