Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do I need a tattoo to get really ripped?

So I've been going to the gym for about 3 months now, and loving every minute! I've noticed that most of the long timers, the seriously built guys that can lift the most weights, they all seem to have tattoos. So I asked my personal trainer "Do I need to get a tattoo to get really ripped?" And his reply was "Yes, yes you do!"

So I'm turning 50 in January and I've decided to get my first tattoo.... just something small and personal on my right shoulder. No doubt this will help me on my way to being in the best shape of my life lol.

But ya what is it with the ripped guys and their glorious tattoos? Some of then are inked head to toe. It just seems the tattoo ratio of the population of gym members has got to be off the charts.

Comments?

Take care...

Senior Senior JEFIT Member
    When have you tatoo you will look less ripped.
    Some people just like it you don't need to look anything else behind it.

Haha this made me laugh. Maybe I should be taking my profession into the gym with me lol.
    On a serious note though the placement of a tattoo can make the body look bigger but alot of the time people dont take much notice of the placement and is left down to the tattooist unless people know what designs and places will cause the illusion on bigger muscle

Senior Senior JEFIT Member
    yeah as an illusion for the eye yes

Quote Originally Posted by 180miles77 View Post
    When have you tatoo you will look less ripped.
    Some people just like it you don't need to look anything else behind it.
    This.

I'm right handed, but my left arm looks way more defined just because I have a half sleeve on my right arm.

Experienced Member phil_goodman's Avatar
    I tattoo-ed shadows around my muscles, and now I look really defined.
    Last edited by phil_goodman; 10-29-2013 at 09:38 PM.

the small tattoo on the arm is the male equivalent tramp stamp. Rather get a wolf fighting a dragon in a mortuary tattoo'ed on your stomach.

In my defense I have a panda bear with chainsaw arms on my stomach and a bull with tommy guns on my back....

Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    There is a saying: "Scar is a tattoo with a story". Most people get tattoos either because they have a good story to tell, or because they are desperately looking for a good story to tell. Before getting a tattoo ask yourself a question - which one are you? Unless a tattoo will motivate you to work out and eat right, it won't get you ripped, but it is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

I have a very small scar - two tiny dots below a vein on my right elbow - all that's left from a medical procedure that saved someone's life. They are so small, I can't even photograph them. I wouldn't exchange these two dots for all tattoos in the world.
    Last edited by is304; 11-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Chicks dig scars... tattoos are for people not man enough to get scars. J/K I have both. The scars all have stories. The tat is a way of saying, "WTF was I thinking?"

Very funny )I have a tribal tattoo on my right leg like this . Don't really means something... just my first tattoo (I wanted to get a tattoo for 10 years, but either I didn't have the money or I wasn't sure about the design of the tattoo). So one day, I saw this kind of tribal and I said it was the time has arrived. And now I'm seaching for my next tattoo. Like many persons, I became addicted to this.Want something color, may be flowers peony,symbol wealth, good fortune and prosperity
    Last edited by streem26; 07-28-2016 at 10:28 AM.