Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Myfitnesspal sync

Any plans to sync with MFP?

Lots of cardio based apps partner with them and would not class them in direct contact with you, more like you both needing each other to add further options to both platforms.

Would be great to sync my workouts across rather than double entering them for calorie counting?

Senior Senior JEFIT Member
    Where would you fill in anything like calories in jefit just use runkeeper and sync it to mfp... .
    Jefit shoots in it is own leg with this methodology ...

Runkeeper and mfp really outplays jefit in food and cardio tracking

Quote Originally Posted by 180miles77 View Post
    Where would you fill in anything like calories in jefit just use runkeeper and sync it to mfp... .
    Jefit shoots in it is own leg with this methodology ...
    I use runtastic that is similar to runkeeper, for cardio items. When I book a session into jefit I then have to re enter the session as strength training again into either mfp or runtastic. This becomes tedious as I would like the calorie count to sync straight over to MFP from jefit.

Quote Originally Posted by 180miles77 View Post
    Runkeeper and mfp really outplays jefit in food and cardio tracking
    I agree, but jefit is obviously the best for weight training and could easily incorporate the calorie count into mfp, which would be very appealing to cardio/calorie counters using mfp and looking for strength training options.

Quote Originally Posted by wkel24 View Post
    I agree, but jefit is obviously the best for weight training and could easily incorporate the calorie count into mfp, which would be very appealing to cardio/calorie counters using mfp and looking for strength training options.
    Indeed and this would be almost perfect ! But jefit stated that those apps are in direct competition with jefit ... .

I wish they would play well with others. This has become the reason I am not using it to avoid double entry. I have switched to GymHero which is not great but at least it does a great sync with Runkeeper that syncs with MyFitnessPal. At least RunKeeper knows it is not designed for strength training and willing to work with others to offer that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by mama_ooh View Post
    I wish they would play well with others. This has become the reason I am not using it to avoid double entry. I have switched to GymHero which is not great but at least it does a great sync with Runkeeper that syncs with MyFitnessPal. At least RunKeeper knows it is not designed for strength training and willing to work with others to offer that feature.
    this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    I know my boss has talked about and briefly brought up MyFitnessPal and a potential synchronization with their product.

We will have to see what he feels/thinks about the potential partnership/sync with their product as MyFitnessPal is a tremendous application with a huge following and supportive community and know that with their nutritional database coupled with JEFIT would create a phenomenal feature and usage for users of both products.

Again we will have to see and if so development for a sync with MFP wouldn't start until sometime in 2014.

Thank you for your feedback and we will hope to have more information on this soon!

- Robert
    Indeed this would bring a wonderfull feature to Jefit ! I hope this gets through !

Great feedback jefit
    Would be an excellent partnership!
    Keep us updated if anything develops