Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I would love to see JeFit integration with MyFitnessPal as well. I migrated from FitnessBuddy to Jefit due to the Jefit Website as well as ability to export the data. The home run item would be integration with MyFitnessPal. The more we can eliminate duplication of data entry the better.

Paul

+1 for integration with MyFitnessPal!

JEFIT and MFP are very much two separate products. MFP is great for calorie calculation and diet while JEFIT excels at strength training, workout planning and target-based metrics. The two would complement each other fantastically if only they were connectable!

Mark my words, if JEFIT made a forward-facing API available to MFP, then JEFIT would only attain more MFP customers who were looking to augment their existing cardio tracking.

All we need is for the calories burnt during our workout to feed into MFP, without the need for double entry.

This is losing JEFIT custom. JEFIT and MFP are not competitors.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 180miles77 View Post
    Indeed this would bring a wonderfull feature to Jefit ! I hope this gets through !
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoshed View Post
    +1 for integration with MyFitnessPal!

JEFIT and MFP are very much two separate products. MFP is great for calorie calculation and diet while JEFIT excels at strength training, workout planning and target-based metrics. The two would complement each other fantastically if only they were connectable!

Mark my words, if JEFIT made a forward-facing API available to MFP, then JEFIT would only attain more MFP customers who were looking to augment their existing cardio tracking.

All we need is for the calories burnt during our workout to feed into MFP, without the need for double entry.

This is losing JEFIT custom. JEFIT and MFP are not competitors.
    This is completely true !

Quote Originally Posted by 180miles77 View Post
    This is completely true !
    Totally agree

At the moment my jefit account is mothballed awaiting a sync with mfp.

I'm quite sure that with a calorie sync I would would be using my jefit account daily and probably even then pay the yearly membership cost, which at the moment is going to fiticracy.

Any news Jefit team?

i'd pay the membership cost to sync!

Me too! Do any Jefit people read these posts?

Yes. Get Jefit to talk to a bluetooth HRM and mfp and I'd happily pay an app cost or yearly sub.

Agreed, this goes for other apps such as sports tracker. I would pay either year sub or some sort of "pro sub" that enables app sync options with many apps as possible.

I would hate to leave Jefit but if another app (free or not) comes that offers same level of quality as Jetfit including options to sync data between my favourite apps, I would definitely consider switching.

This distinction between 'our' features/services as opposed to integration with other products is artificial. Jefit offers in-workout features such as rest timer, and out-of-workout features like logs/reports. This would simply be another out-of-workout feature for your engineers, and from a user's viewpoint it's simply a feature they might want, just like any other.

Let's face it: not only are Jefit and MFP completely complimentary and not at all in competition, but so are Jefit and Runkeeper/Endomondo. I would never use Jefit to track/log cardio workouts, just as using Endomondo to log resistance workouts is a pain (and to track one simply impossible). But, and this is an important but, I want all my data in one place. I want to know how hard I'm working overall, and I want a way to easily show my partner/friends/physician what I've been doing lately. I sure want MFP to know about caloric-expenditure / dietary-needs influenced by resistance workouts, as well as cardio.

I'll be clear: I'm over-the-roof about the free version of Jefit. It gives me everything I want from it, except this little-big requirement. I was thinking of showing my appreciation by getting the paid app, but I realized that's my only leverage, the only method of expressing my dissatisfaction with your approach to integration.

Thanks to this thread, I now know about GymHero, and I'm going to test it out. If it works for me, I'll have no reason to return to Jefit again (I doubt I'd even know if you ever changed your minds on this), and you'd have lost a customer for no good reason. However, if it turns out I don't like it, I'll promise you this: I'll get the paid app the moment you offer MFP/Endomondo/Runkeeper integration, whether or not you make it a paid feature.

jefit folks —> get the api working please. apps that work in isolation are going to lose to those that don't. this thread is filled with people saying gymhero is inferior yet they're willing to use it because it syncs.

syncing to MFP is a given. At this point I have, right out of the box:

garmin syncs to strava
    strava syncs to MFP
    withings syncs to MFP

& so on.

strava, runkeeper, mfp, dailymile, all these services are thriving because of their connectivity.