Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    I have a specific question: if I put together a routine that is in public domain (like the ones on bodybuilding.com) AND I put the link to the program in the routine's description, would it still be a copyright violation? What about sharing those routines with friends? I see no problems with sharing information that the authors themselves put in public domain - especially when the source is indicated clearly - but I'm no legal expert and I don't want to cause trouble to jefit.
    I learned a lot from fitness books, magazines, and online articles. Most important thing I learned: you don't get fit by reading about it.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by is304 View Post
    I have a specific question: if I put together a routine that is in public domain (like the ones on bodybuilding.com) AND I put the link to the program in the routine's description, would it still be a copyright violation? What about sharing those routines with friends? I see no problems with sharing information that the authors themselves put in public domain - especially when the source is indicated clearly - but I'm no legal expert and I don't want to cause trouble to jefit.
    When something is in the public domain you aren't allowed to distribute it for commercial use but for non commercial use you're allowed to distribute it but you need to make sure that you show from where you got it (in this example bodybuilding.com/routine/?).

Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    Unfortunately even though it is public domain as you have stated, we cannot share or use it on our Routine Database commercially as our application is a both free/paid service, thus it is being used commercially which violates DMCA rights (if that makes sense at all with the way I have described it) but yea unfortunately even though it is public domain, we as a company cannot share or publicly endorse such routines on our public routine database without violating or getting in trouble with DMCA rights/laws.
    Thanks, Robert. It does make sense, unfortunately. I'll just share with friends then. And I'll be sharing free routines only.

How do you submit a routine for the public? I can share with friends but the share with public button is grayed out.

Everything is working now. Thank you.