Report user option?

I'm getting PMs from scammers and I don't see a way to report them.

Examples:

joymab: Hello My Dear, My Name is JOY Mabou am a good caring young girl I saw your profile today and i become interested in knowing more about you. please contact me in address I have something very important to discus with you. [email]joymaobou0091@yahoo.com[/email]
    Profile: [url]http://www.jefit.com/1833511[/url]

mabell4:
    Hi, ( [email]roger.mabell@yahoo.com[/email] )
    I went through your profile and I really admire it. Contact me through so we can get to know each other more better.Miss mabell
    Profile: [url]http://www.jefit.com/1833625[/url]

It sounds like the Nigerian 419 scam.

Experienced Member bryntevans01's Avatar
    Ahhhhh Man! I thought I was the only one. I feel cheap and used.....

I agree with Ronals L. Scammers are a potential nightmare. Get rid please.

Thanks Robert!

I know that this kind of spam is very common on many social network websites. I got a lot of them on Livemocha.com when I was using it in the past, for example. Livemocha had a feature to report and block users. I don't know currently because it has changed a lot for the worse since Rosetta Stone bought-out it. But even deleting those spammers, it wasn't enough to stop them creating new accounts. So I know how hard it is. A report user option helps out, but of course is better to look for preventive solutions as well.

One simple thing you can do that can help to discourage such scammers and I haven't seen around yet, is to inform on the Messages page about their action and why they want to keep contact through e-mail. In other words, make users aware that that kind of message usually is deceptive. So if scammers know that every user are aware about their hidden intentions, it would be a waste of time try to convince someone to believe on them here.

Stop Publishing Email Address

Robert,

I notices the "public profile" page that shows for my account still shows my login name, which is my email address. Can I change the account user name to be something other than an email to avoid giving my email address to any and all spammers out there?

Jeff