50 y/o Male, 6'1, 235lbs

I am 50y/o, 6'1, 235lbs and I had a horrible diet (lots of candy & junk food, etc). I'm trying to eat healthier and I have basically cut out out MOST junk food. I'll have some occasionally and use it as my cheat meal for the week. As far as supplements, I started out with a multivitamin & Body Fortress Whey Protein (from Walmart) but will try the Body Fortress Whey Isolate next and BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein.

I drink one shaker bottle of protein in the morning & an apple. I eat a Pure Protein bar for a mid-morning snack, chicken breast, salmon, or tilapia and veggies or brown rice for lunch. I use the Body Fortress Creatine. I drink one scoop with 8-10oz of water about an hour or so before my workout and another scoop with 8-10oz of water during my workout, then the protein shake after and some mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, etc.) Then I eat the same for dinner.

I workout most days starting with 15min of elliptical. I use the Jefit Machine-Only Beginner Workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Tuesdays & Saturdays I use the Quick Abs Workout, & Thursdays I use the Beginner Back Routine. As I am settling into this workout, I am seeing some gains after about a month. The exercises are challenging. I don't feel bad if I can't complete the required amount of reps. I'll get there. I thought about lowering the amount of weights I was using, but then I wasn't challenging myself.

Thanks for reading.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member QuintanillJoseph's Avatar
    Good on 'ya!

thx for posting!

thx for posting!

Senior Senior JEFIT Member LiftHeavyWeights's Avatar
    Well done. Keep it going.