I am new to this site and to the Jefit app and program. This year I vowed I have had enough of being in the obese category. I have been 220 plus pounds for over a decade. I currently maxed out at 234 and said I'm done!

I am 43 years old and 5'11". I have started a cardio routine this week and next week I start strength training with cardio. At my age, my current goal is to lose at least 40 pounds (mostly in the gut area) and gain some definition and tone. I am not going to be a body builder, but I would like to have something nice as a pay off for all the work is going to take to achieve this goal. I am tracking everthing I eat.

My question to you all that have many years of experience at health and fitness is this:

I know there is no healthy magical pill to take to miraculosly make all this happen, but I would love to have something to help supplement the hard work to burn the belly fat. I am not knowledgeable enough in all these different supplements to make an educated decision at this point. So if any of you could give me some direction or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave